chapter 23

Bologna Italy ☝🏼

Sam arrived home to pick us up just after lunch like he mentioned earlier, the weather was perfect for a maxi dress. I changed into my baby blue maxi dress and worm black sandals, and then paired it with demin jacket for later. I took my small woven bag and threw my keys, phone and wallet in.

He didn't tell us where he was taking us, but as he took a turn I knew that he was going to Mo's place. 'What are we doing at Mo's house?' He decided to ignore me and kept driving, I saw Mo waving at us just before Sam parked by her driveway. "Hello ladies" Mo smiled as she and Sam exchanged a strange look.

"Hey Mo, you look pretty" Lisa stated, while all I did was stare at her and Sam wondering what they are up to. "Thank you cupcake, you look just as pretty" Sam got out of the driver's seat and sat in the back with Lisa. Just as I was about to ask what's going on my friend took the driving seat and put on her seatbelt.

"You will catch flies Tori" she said laughing.

'What just happened? Sam never lets anyone drive his car' I looked back at Sam typing on his phone.

"He has two tickets that he hasn't paid for speeding so I told him I will pay them for him if he lets me drive us today" she drove us away and smiled so big I wondered if her cheeks were not hurting.

'And I'm guessing he didn't tell his parents because they told him they will take the car back if he speeds like a lunatic or drive under the influence'

"You do know I'm right here right? Stop talking about me, and I was late for practice hence I was speeding. It was not intentional okay" Sam looked away looking ashamed, when mum bought him a car it came with strict rules.

Lisa and I found out that we were spending the day at the Orlando Andretti Karting and Games, when we got there we played games till we were exhausted. I must say I was not expecting to have so much fun, not once did I think about Lily or Hayden, I was just letting my hair down with people I love
I am finally in Italy after a long tiring flight.Liam said he would pick me up.

Mo told me Sam texted her and told her he wants to take me out to cheer me up and invited her to join us. So together they decided indoor games will do the trick especially because Mo knew someone who could give help us buy tickets without waiting. Since it was summer one had to buy tickets few days beforehand.

It was around 6pm when we left to go back home, when Lisa's stomach started growling we decided to go to McDonald's and buy food. We sat down and ordered some milkshakes while waiting for our orders, our booth was filled with laughter. For a moment I thought other patrons would complain, but as I looked at the people in the restaurant, I realized that everyone was busy with their own thing and most people in here we're just as carefree ad loud.

Sam and Mo's banter kept us laughing so hard my eyes were tearing up and for a while my own laughter felt foreign to my own ears, I haven't had myself laughing so hard in a very long time. Sam and Mo looked at me with smiles before Lisa said "it's good to see you laughing Vicky"

"Yeah sis, I actually missed your laugh" he said with a big smile like he just won a lottery.

'It feels good to laugh, so thank you for cheering me up guys' I looked at them with my own smile.

After stuffing our mouths with burgers and chips, we drove home and dropped Mo home first not before giving Sam money to pay for his speeding tickets. I got out of the car and gave her a big hug. 'Thank you for today Mo, I had fun'

"I'm happy I made your day friend" she mumbled in my hair.

'My flight to Italy is tomorrow evening, Sam will give you your Christmas presents' I said as I kissed her cheek then getting back in the car.