chapter 4

I slept most of the drive to Noah's place, I  wanted to go to my place, but mum thought it wasn't a good idea and insisted we go to Noah's place. She also mentioned something about Lily's parents being at our apartment. I can't imagine what they must be going through. It feels like a long nightmare and I'm still going to wake up and see Lily.

"We are here baby, wake up." Mum puts her hand on my arm to wake me up.

I mumble okay to her, and open my eyes to see we are in Noah's apartment parking basement. Mum looks at me like I'm a glass that's about to break anytime soon, she is cautious around me and it's getting to my nerves.

We get out of the car, and take an elevator to Noah's floor, the ride is silent, but I can see Mum wants to say something. I close my eyes before she can utter anything, this seems to do the trick because whatever she wanted to say doesn't get past her lips.

When we arrive, Hailey opens the door for us and she gives me a hug, but says nothing and she will never know how much I appreciate it right now.

"Hey Hailey, where's Noah and Mo?" My mum asks after closing the door behind her.

"Noah is upstairs,on a call with his boss to give him a few days off and Mo is sleeping. You must be hungry, let me prepare you something to eat" Hailey says moving towards the kitchen

"Nothing for me please, I'm going to go see if Mo is still sleeping." I call out to Hailey walking up the stairs.

"Victoria, you have to eat. You haven't eaten anything today" Mum whisper yells at me.

I ignore her, and keep walking till I get to the guest bedroom, just as I'm about to go in I hear Noah and Hailey's door opening. "Hey pumpkin, I'm glad you are back, you scared the shit out of us." He says walking over to me with a small smile.

"Go have some rest, but I am going to wake you two up for supper." he says with a straight face and kisses my forehead before going downstairs to join the others, and I open the door to see Mo sleeping.

About two hours later after giving up on sleep, Mo whimpers and I see tears soaking her pillow. She is having a nightmare, I wake her up gently so that I don't scare her more. 'Mo, it's a nightmare, wake up.' This goes on for a few seconds before she finally wakes up looking terrified.

"Hey sweet, you were having a nightmare. I'm guessing it was about Lily." I wipe her tears, and hug her as she continues shaking.

"There was so much blood Tori, more blood than there was last night. All I could see was blood everywhere, her clothes were covered in blood, and s-she asked me to make it stop, but I couldn't." Mo shivers as though she was transported to last night.

"It was just a nightmare, I can't imagine what you witnessed. No one should witness their friend dying." I mumble to her trying to comfort her and myself. We stay like this for what feels like forever, but actually just a few minutes.

"Vicky, supper is ready. Come downstairs before I come get you please." Shouts Hailey making us roll our eyes. We all know Noah is the one who plays bad cop, Hailey is sweet, and would rather bring supper to us instead of getting us downstairs.

Mo and I go to the bathroom to wash our faces then proceed to walk downstairs for supper.

......................

The next morning Noah goes to work after we convinced him, it didn't make sense that he stays home when there's nothing to do. Lily's parents and mum are here to do all that is needed. I also added that he will need a few days off work to go back home for the funeral, that did the trick and he went to work. Mo, mum and I left their place after breakfast and we went to my apartment with Lily.