chapter 11

It's been a few weeks after Hayden's visit, we still talk every now and then but haven't seen each other.I ended up not going to the Puerto Rico with Mo and her cousins, I didn't feel like being in a company of many people and didn't want to ruin their vacation.

I moved into my new apartment a few days after Mo left for the Caribbean Islands. The movers did most of the work with my furniture, but I still had to unpack my clothes, books and the big box written kitchen. Hailey came over after work and helped me in the kitchen while I unpacked in the bedroom. By the time we were done we were so exhausted and she ended sleeping over, Noah was super mad because I took his girlfriend and said I should get a boyfriend to sleep over and help me with unpacking.

I spent the next two weeks acting like a tourist in New York, visiting places I never got a chance to see when I first got to New York. For someone who was born and had family in New York I sure didn't know much about the place. At one point I even visited my grandparents and spent a week with them at their house, they were happy to see me and told me to visit more.

We moved to Florida when I was about eight years, after moving we only saw our grandparents during Christmas holidays. Our grandparents were the reason I decided to study in New York, Noah did his degree in New York and moved to Boston to do his masters degree. For a moment I thought he wouldn't come back to New York or Florida when he first met Hailey, but when he graduated he was offered a job in New York.

Now the holidays are over and we are back at college and the first week is hectic as always, with everyone trying to get their schedules and changing modules. I don't have many classes this semester and I'm happy because last semesters was quite hectic for me.

I have been keeping in touch with Hayden through these past weeks, we chat, sent each other memes and sometimes he calls to check up on me. He knows that I sometimes get nightmares, so he made it his mission to keep checking up on me. In these past weeks I have come to know more about him, he talks to me about how he lost himself to grieve when his dad passed away in his senior year and how his sister kept him grounded.

Speaking of Hayden, he asked me to go to catch a movie with him this evening since we are both free. At first I wasn't sure if it's a good idea, Hayden was dating Lily and I can't help but feel guilty that I get to live and reach my goals and spend time with her guy while she lays six feet under. Mo and Hailey convinced me to just go out and have fun and I ended up agreeing.

Monica just arrived at my apartment to help me with with choosing an outfit, but I think we both know that she mainly here to make sure that I don't cancel. She thinks it's okay to date if we want to. "Vicky if you are not careful you are going to get late" Mo says in the kitchen probably robbing my fridge.

'I'm almost done, and if you know what's good for you then you will stay away from my fridge' I love chocolate, but Mo is addicted.

I'm wearing blue high waist jean with a white crop top, I was not sure about the shoes but Monica said I should just wear pumps. Since it's already late I take a baby blue demin jacket that Lily bought for me. Mo wanted me to not to wear a jacket so Hayden will give me his jacket when it gets chilly, deep down Mo is a romantic, why else would she be saying such things if she wasn't.

I am not into make-up so I put on lip gloss and eyeliner. I take my phone from the charger and put it in my side bag. Hayden and I decided to meet at the cinemas because his place is not far from the cinema while my place was half an hour from my place, so I'm driving myself there. I'm out of the house before six leaving Monica in my apartment, she insisted on staying so that I can tell her how it went when I get back.

.....................

I am running a bit late because of traffic, Hayden just texted saying he just got there so I am thankful that he didn't wait long for me. When I finally find parking I lock my car and I see him waving at me as I cross the road.

'Sorry I'm late, traffic was bad on the way here' I say as soon as I stand near him and give him a hug.

"I just got here ten minutes ago and I'm sure we didn't miss much" I just hope he is not lying just to make me feel better.

Hayden has insists on buying drinks and  popcorn for the both of us. We couldn't agree on which movie to watch, he wanted te new marvel movie that just got released a month ago so I agreed to it, what he didn't know was that I am a big fan of marvel movies.

He kept stealing glances at me through out the the movie, at one point I even thought that maybe I smeared my lip gloss but he assured me that I'm okay. After the movie ended he bought us dinner at a nearby restaurant. To tell the truth I was a bit nervous, this felt more like a date than and outting between two friends.

Conversation with him never felt forced, it felt like we had been doing this for months, We talked about our sibling and why our careers choices but he didn't want to delve into why he chose law saying he doesn't want to spoil our dinner.

"Would mind sleeping over at my place, it's a bit late for you to go home" I did not even realize it was almost eleven in the evening. I guess it's the truth that time flies while your having fun. I took a leap of faith and agreed to go with Hayden because his place is near.

'Okay I think it won't be a problem, let me text Mo. I left her at my place'

Mo didn't waste time replying, she texted back saying she left my place an hour ago.
The ride to Hayden was silent, the only thing being the music playing softly in the background. We were driving my car since he  walked to the cinema, he directed me to his apartment building and I parked in his basement.

His place was big yet cosy, his kitchen took my breath away, it was spacious and so clean one would think it hasn't been used. His place is masculine, but had a homey touch to it. There is a painting at a far corner in the hallway, it was of a man looking lost along the field almost lonely and I could relate to him. He reminded me of myself, surrounded by many but feeling like I am alone.

"Do you like it?" Hayden questioned when he saw me admiring the painting.

"It's sad yet captivating, what's the story behind it"

"Its a painting I was working on after my dad passed away. It only took me weeks finishing it, it was the first painting of its size that took me such a short time to finish" he explained.

'I didn't know you can paint, what can't you do?'

"Painting is just a hobby I picked up in growing up, been doing it for years and yes I'm good at a lot of things just give me time you will see" He said winking.

I have a feeling that Hayden meant that in the most naughty way possible. He is not a flirt like he used to be in high school but he such is a smooth talker and a charmer.

Hayden gave me a tour around his place and I must say this pace is beautiful and don't get me started on the view. After his man cave tour we walk back to the living room. "Can I pour you some wine"?

'Thanks but I am not much of a drinker so juice will be fine' I am not a big fan of alcohol, I usually just drink one glass of wine and that's that.

"Okay, here you go" I'm glad Hayden doesn't ask more questions about my choices. We sit on the coach covered by a thick blanket while he tells me about his childhood. I'm not surprised that he was troublesome while growing up. He was quite a handful even in high school before he lost his father.

In front of us is a large tv screen where a movie I don't recognize is playing, there's a couple heavily making out and this gets me hot as bothered for some reason. Must be the wine I drank earlier.

As if sensing my thoughts he faces me to remove my hair from my eyes, he caresses my cheek. I should stop him but in this moment all I can do is  stare at his lips ,they look soft. I don't know who closed the gap first but I feel his lips on mine, we move so slowly as though afraid to break this moment. Then the kiss turns passionate, he bites my bottom lip gently asking for entrance and I give him. I taste red wine on his tongue. I have never being kissed so passionately before. Kissing has never felt this good.

Please vote, comment and follow.

What do you think about Hade and Victoria? Is Vicky ready for moving on with the guy her best friend was seeing not so long ago, how will she react after this kiss?

Kikipee ❤️