chapter 26

This chapter is dedicated to clairetie as a thank you for the beautiful book cover that she did for me. I wanted to use this cover to reintroduce Tori and Hade on their new journey together. Happy reading! ❤️❤️

Hayden's POV

Today is my first day at work after being home for almost 10 days for the Christmas holidays. I woke up still tired from the festivities of the past days, I went to Florida on the 24th to spent Christmas with mum and my sister and her family. I must say it was really good being home, we hardly see each other during the year due to all our hectic schedules, but mum makes sure that each Christmas we spent under one roof.

At times it's not possible, because my sister now has her own family, and divides her holidays between Florida and California where she lives with her husband and two year old son Jayden. When in Florida I met Mo at the mall and she told me Victoria is in Italy visiting Liam, I was bitter and angry that she couldn't even text me to tell me about her plans for Christmas.

Then I remembered that she actually doesn't have to tell me anything. Imagine my surprise when she texted to wish my a happy new year, a simple text as that got me smiling so big my sister caught on that there's someone in my life. When I told her that she isn't in my life she advised me not to give up on whoever put that smile on my face.

I was lost in my work when I received a text from Victoria earlier asking me out for lunch, I went straight to my boss's office and asked to leave early and he arched a brow at me. There wasn't much to do today with most of my cases completed before Christmas, what kept me busy today was paperwork. He let me go with the promise to be on my A game next week, because we have a big case.

At 3PM I left work with a spring in my feet, I didn't want to be late thus not going home to change into something less formal. When I arrive at the restaurant Victoria hasn't arrived so I decided to wait for her, ten minutes goes by and she's still not here. I even thought of leaving when she doesn't answer her phone, thinking maybe she changed her mind and stood my up.

I was about to leave when she called and explained that she overslept. A sigh or relief left my mouth when she told me she wouldn't stood me up. All the girls wouldn't believe me if they saw how pathetic I am right now waiting and pinning for one girl. I am not a womanizer, but all the girls I have been with in my past knew what to expect from me, I have only ever been in a relationship with one girl in my life, a girl dated in junior year of high school.

Things changed between us in senior year high school when she accused me of being emotional unavailable. I couldn't blame her for dumping me, my dad had just passed away and I isolated myself from everyone including my then girlfriend. She got fed up and left, I didn't even try to stop her because I never loved her, we were just in a relationship but love wasn't on the table from me.

I was mad at the world until coach had a talk with me and later that day I breathed in Victoria's scent. It may sound cheesy, but after that day I wanted to know more about the summer flowers's scented girl. I made it my mission to know who she was, but still didn't approach her because I knew I would be gone in less than five months and she was just a child then.

.......................

Twenty minutes later I see her come in, looking like she doesn't believe that I waited this long for her. Truth is I thought of leaving before she confirmed that she didn't stand me up. She approaches where I am sitting and smiles at me, I can't help it but smile back and stand up.

'Hey, I didn't think you would still be here' she says quickly giving me a hug. Her hair scent has changed from the one she used in high school, now it smells of coconut and honey, her scent is still the same and I get taken back to seven years ago in the hallway at school. I don't want to pull away, but I have to.