chapter 25

This chapter is dedicated to reenie03  I'm thankful for all the support you are giving my book❤️😊

I am finally back home, back to reality and back to all the difficult decisions that I  need to make and conversations that need to be spoken out there. It's 3:30AM when I leave the airport, Noah said he will pick so I don't have to call am Uber. I am so tired and the time difference between these two countries has me yawning and my brain to tired to comprehend everything around me.

I don't see Noah until he is just two feet from me, I throw him a tired but smile thankful that he didn't forget to pick me up. I didn't mind taking an Uber, but my brother wouldn't have it, saying he rather wake up at 2AM and also giving me a 3rd degree on how much unsafe New York is, especially for us women.

I give Noah a hug and only notice then that he is in his PJs. 'Thank you for picking me up, you must be tired'

"It's f*cking cold, let's get out of here" Noah pulls me with him to the parking.

Noah and I drive all the way to his place in silence, both too tired to utter a word. When we arrive at Hailey and Noah's apartment, Noah attempts to pull my suitcase and goes to the guest room where I will be sleeping. 'Don't take that upstairs, who will bring it back here tomorrow?'

Noah looks at me before saying "you just got here and you are already thinking of leaving?"

'Why would I stay, you and Hailey are going back to work tomorrow aren't you?'

"So?" He asks with a deep frown on his face making me feel bad.

'So I don't want to stay here alone all day, while you are out'

Noah leaves the suitcase at the foot of the staircase and mumbles something along the lines of "I liked you better when you were younger and saw me as your own hero" I wonder what Noah's problem is as I follow him to my room. I thought he was just tired and mad that he had to pick me up, but it seems there's something bothering him.

I will ask him about it tomorrow when he is not tired. The plan was to jump in the shower when I arrived, but the jetlag gets to me. I take my phone and text Liam that I arrived safely and wear old PJs that I keep at Noah's place and jump in bed.

Growing up Noah was very protective of me, he fought my battles, I followed him around like a lost puppy and at some point it killed his reputation with the older girls. I remember when we moved to Florida, I cried myself to sleep most nights, because I was being bullied and I missed our house in New York.

Noah would sneak into my room with the leftover dessert from supper. When we first arrived in Florida we lived with my maternal grandparents in Miami for a almost a year. I was happy there because it was the first time seeing them for so long without leaving, so when we moved again in a short space of time I really struggled with some many changes. Noah was the one to look out for me when he was with me.

Each time I was at school I would get bullied because I was the new girl from God knows where, I couldn't fight back so I kept quiet and took it all without telling my teachers or parents. One day Noah heard me crying on his way to his bedroom and he came in and asked what was wrong and I didn't tell him, this happened for the next couple of days.

One day he came into my bedroom with a big slice carrot cake and asked me what was going on, I didn't tell him and he took a mouthful of cake, he knew that I had a sweet tooth so he was taunting me with cake. When half of the cake was remaining I told him some kids were bulling me a school.

Noah wanted to tell mum, but I stopped him because mum had her hands full with work and Sam. He told me that if this happened again he would have to go beat them up or tell mum, the next day when those kids came to steal my lunch Lily told them off, and swore to report them to the principal who was her mum. I looked at her with so much adoration, because besides Noah nobody had stood up for me.