chapter 41

Hayden's POV

All my adult life, I have been in love with just one girl, Victoria. From the moment I bumped into her in high school, there was something that made her different from all the other girls. Her aura aligned with me, I felt a tug at my heart that day. Some might have called me stupid for falling for a girl  who probably didn't even know that I existed.

I washed her at school after that day, she lived in her own world, and half the time didn't even see what was going on around her. She was and still is a shy and quiet person, but has this bubbly personality around her friends. I would look at her and see her laughing at whatever her friends said at school, and that's all that made my day.

For someone who has been in love with this girl for so long, you would think that I would have told her how much I love her. Truth is I don't want to scare her off, and does she scare easily. Victoria's the kind of girl who puts others before her. If I had met her while Lily was still here, she would deny whatever feelings she has for me.

It's one of the things I love and dislike about her, she is selfless and always kind towards others. I wish she would be a bit selfish sometimes, go after what she wants without giving it a second thought, but then again, she wouldn't be Victoria the girl I love would she?

Yesterday she told me she has plans when I asked if I could go over at hers, something told me she is lying. I can't put my finger on it, but something tells me that she just made an excuse to stop me from going over. Whatever is going on must have something to do with Mo, I sensed some hostility last week when I dropped Victoria off.

She never told me what happened after I left, but the voice was enough to let me know that she's not okay. I trust that she will  come to me when she wants to talk about what's been eating away at her. I was surprised that she told me about her parents, let alone come to me for comfort.

To be honest, I didn't expect that of her, but it felt damn good to be the one to ran to for a change. I never knew how much that would please me until she sobbed on my chest, I felt like I have won the lottery. For the first time ever since dating, I felt like she truly belongs to me.

My mum didn't even complain about sleeping in the same room with Victoria, she has been rooting for us since that day she cooked dinner for her. If it was up to her, she would have introduced herself to Victoria Sunday morning before she left. I had to ask her to go out so that we don't scare my girlfriend. As much as I can't wait to introduce her to my mother, she had a rough night and wanted her to calm down first.

After Victoria said she had plans yesterday, I went out with guys from work. It was a last minute decision after discovering that Jamie was with Mo, he is so whipped that one. The guys and I went to a club called High rollers, it's a hot spot for lawyers. It was nice to be out for a change, I haven't let lose like I did last night since Lily's death.

What I regret though is waking with a pounding in my head, due to downing all those drinks we had. The plan wasn't to drink so much, to make matters worse we had shots after shots until I lost count of the drinks I had. I decide it's best to wake up and take headache tablets.

It feels like someone is playing drums in my head when I stand up, the last time I was this hangover I was in Uni. I ramage through my cupboard in the bathroom looking for medication, and pop two tablets before hopping in the shower.

..........................

When I am done showering, I walk over to my closet and take out grey jog pants and white t-shirt as I'm staying home all day. I hear a knock as I descent the stairs to the kitchen. I hope whoever it is won't stay here for long, so I can look over some case studies.

I open the door to non other than my girlfriend, she stands near the door frame wearing a floral sundress, wedges that make her long legs seem to go on for ages, her beautiful brown hair is braided to the side.

"Are you going to let me in, or you are just going to keep checking me out" she says breaking me out of my trance.

'Is it a problem if I check out my girlfriend, especially when she's looking so sexy in a dress?' I tease her and just as I thought she blushes.

'Come here, I missed you.' I pull her and give her a hug after closing the door.

I love that her hair still smells the same, it smells like my mother's flower garden. I take a breath, breathing her in and wishing I could store this scent.

"Did you just smell my hair?" She pulls away and laughs when she sees me scratching the back of my neck.

'Your hair smells devine, it reminds me of the first time I bumped into you. I knew that day that I love-' I take a breath when I realize what I just said.

"You love? You love what?" Her big eyes are looking at me expectedly.

'I love flowers.' the words rush out of my mouth and I walk to the kitchen to run away from more questions.

'I was about to make breakfast, can I make you something?'

"How much did you drink last night, it's almost lunch time you know?" Victoria says sitting at the breakfast bar stool.

'How-'

"How did I know you were out last night? You mean to tell me you don't remember the texts messages? Oh! This is good." She beams at me then takes her phone out of her side bag.

'Why do you look like the cat that's got the cream Victoria?' I walk towards her, breakfast long forgotten.

"Where are you going? Stay there Hade" she laughs and stands up from her chair.

I am about to run towards here when she whimpers, she must have hurt her leg as she stood to fast.

'Love, what happened? Let me see your leg.' I freak out, hoping it's nothing serious and just a spasm.

"Get your first aid kid and bring ointment to massage the leg. I think I pulled a muscle." She says in a small voice.

I am about to get the first aid kid when she moves to the lounge. 'Don't put weight on that leg love.' I say and open the cupboard to take the kid out when I hear.

"I'm out with the guys from work love."

"I miss you so much, I wish I was home with you, not around this losers."

Victoria is reading text messages I must have sent last night, this sly fox lied about hurting her leg. I must give it to her, she tricked me and tricked me well. I am about to crush her with my weight on the couch when she reads a message I can't remember sending at all.

"I know I am drunk, but truth is I love you Vic- Victoria." She stutters as she reads the end of the message setting my heart into a pounding machine.

Her face is full of emotions and I can't exactly pinpoint even one of them. I'm scared of what might come out of her mouth, what if she rejects me?

This is not exactly how I wanted her to find out that I am in love with her.

Please vote, comment and follow.

Hade was drunk texting our girl. Don't you miss Mo, I know I do.

Kikipee 💙