Epilogue

Tori's wedding dress ☝🏽

We truly don't know what the future holds for us, life doesn't care how much we plan our future, those plans don't always work out or come to pass.

Growing up I always pictured myself getting married long after I have completed my masters, I always said I would get married at the age of twenty six, and definitely not at age twenty four or pregnant at age twenty one.

After discovering my pregnancy just a month before my twenty second birthday in May, I knew that my life would forever change. Here I am two years later getting married to the love of my life and the father of my child.

Lexi, our daughter decided to grace us with her presence a week earlier, the doctors were adamant that she would be born the last week of December, but my little girl wouldn't have of it and she was born December 18.

Hade and I had decided to name her Alexis Lillian Thompson, Layla and Luke were happy when we told them we were naming Alexis after Lily. We decided on the second name just after she was born, because in true Lily fashion our daughter decided she couldn't sit still for just one more week!

Giving birth to her wasn't easy on me, Dr Nicole told me they lost me for two minutes, I couldn't believe that I died for two minutes. When I woke up, Hayden was by my side, his beautiful grey eyes bloodshot to show he was crying. As soon as he saw me alive and awake he hugged me so tight I complained, but soon let him be when I heard him sob.

"I thought you had died, how was I going to survive without you? What about Alexis?" He kept saying, still hugging me tight.

As I tried to ask him what he meant, Dr Nicole came in and explained that my blood pressure was so low and I have been sleeping for over three hours since giving birth.

All I could remember was the doctor telling me to keep pushing, and then I heard the most loudest cry from my baby. Everything afterwards was blurry. When the doctor was done checking my vitals, he asked a nurse to bring Alexis, and I couldn't wait to see her and hold her.

When the nurse came in and gave me my child, it was in that moment I knew what unconditional love was. This little person that I just met had my whole heart, as soon as I held her in my arms, my life made sense that it did a day ago.

I took my heavy breast to breast feed her with the nurse's help and as though she has been doing this for days, Lexi lurched on my breast. I had decided that I was going to breastfeed instead of having her on the bottle. The months leading to her birth, we had attended classes and read as many books as we could on child birth and all that followed.

Hayden was right beside me, his eyes brimming with tears and a big smile on his face. Alexis opened her eyes and true to her name, she had the Thompson children signature eyes, grey and I think I fell more in love with Hayden Alexander Thompson.

"Let me go and tell the family you are awake, but they can't stay for long, especially Monica." Dr Nicole said giving us a smile on her way out.

My best friend has been a pain in the ass for Dr Nicole, the first time I experienced Braxton Hicks I was with Mo and she had to bring me to the hospital. She was talking Dr Nicole's ear off, demanding that she gives me something to help with the pain.

"Thank you." Hade said giving me a brief kiss.

'Why are you thanking me?' I asked him sitting up right to look at him.

"Thank you for giving me a beautiful baby girl, and for dying on us." He said kissing Alexis's head.

"Just so you know Victoria, you aren't getting pregnant again. I don't want to lose you to child birth." Hayden said with a serious face.