chapter 9

It's been three days since I left Florida, the first thing I did when I arrived was to go view apartments I saw online and see one that suits me. The decision to move to a new apartment wasn't an easy one, but I couldn't afford to pay for Lily's rent along with mine and I knew it wouldn't be easy to live here without her.

Everything in our apartment reminded me of her and her room still smelled like her. I talked to Layla and mum about moving and they supported my decision, Layla and Lisa even came here to pack the rest of Lily's things a week after her funeral.

All that was left was the furniture that both Lily and I bought, some of our pictures and paintings. Her room was empty, almost like no body has ever lived in there and I knew that it was time to let go of this apartment. I will carry the memories we shared inside of it and cherish every moment, but it had to be from a different place.

Two of the apartments were exactly what I was looking for, but one stood out to me, it is next to the psychology clinic where I will doing my internship next year and it's in a nice neighborhood. It's a one bedroom apartment, with a bathroom and an open plan kitchen and living room.

The bedroom was bigger than my old bedroom and the bathroom was bigger than I thought, it has a shower and bathtub. I could already see myself relaxing in the tub after a long day.

Monica arrived in the early morning hours, she will be here for three days to spend the remaining summer holidays with her cousins at their family holiday house in the Caribbean Islands. I feel like I have been neglecting her this past weeks and acting like a bad friend so. We made plans to meet for dinner tonight before she leaves.

Mo booked a reservation for us at some new Italian restaurant near Time Square, I'm sure it's so expensive it's going to leave a dent in our summer allowance. We decided to meet at the restaurant instead of going together because I was coming from Noah's place, thank God Hailey and I wear the same size so I didn't have to rush to my apartment to change into something restaurant worthy.

When I arrive at the restaurant the hostess asks me if I have a reservation and I tell her it's booked under Monica White, she types a few things on her ipod and leads me to a table at the back of the restaurant.

"Your server will be with you in a minute" she says before living. I take out my phone to see if I am early because Mo has not arrived, it's astonishing how she can plan dinner date and be late.

"Good evening, I'm your server for tonight. Can I get you something to drink while you go through our menu" A very good looking guy gets me out of my thoughts.

"Can I get a glass of water while I wait for my friend?" I ask politely, I feel like drinking white wine but decide to wait for Mo.

"Coming right up, here is your menu." he gives me a tablet used as a menu. A minute later he sets my glass of water and walks away, promising to come back in 5minutes.

I look around the restaurant and I'm the only one sitting alone, people are still in the 4th July spirit so I imagine how stupid I look. Just as I'm about to text Mo seething with anger she comes in looking pleased about something.

"You are 15 minutes late!" I scowl at her.

"I know and I'm sorry." she says approaching me then hugs me tightly.

"Hey Mo, don't suffocate me and sit down before they kick us out of here for disturbing other patrons." I say through clenched teeth, still mad at her.

"You better have a good reason for being late lady." I tell her.

"Believe me it's a very good reason, Jamie arrived just as I was about to hop in the shower and he–" I interrupt her.

"Don't you dare finish that sentence Monica White." I close my ears hoping she doesn't, but knowing Mo she is going to go right ahead.

Letting Go जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें