chapter 17

I wake up feeling refreshed unlike the past last days, the bright light coming through the curtains tells me it's way past 9AM. I take my phone on the night stand to check the time and it's a little after 10am.

I open the curtains the tidy my room to make it presentable. This few weeks it looked like it got hit by an earthquake, I hate a messy room, books all over my study table, and papers on the floor. I love my things tidy and organized.I'm not a germ freak I just want things to look presentable.

After cleaning my room I go to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth, and head to the kitchen to put dishes in the dishwasher and continue to clean the living room and the kitchen. I haven't cooked breakfast in a long time, I have been eating cereals since exams and I decide that today I should make some toast, bacon and eggs with a big cup of coffee.

It's been a while since I felt like I do this morning, I feel better than I have felt in the past months and I'm loving it. I didn't have any nightmares last night like I usually do. I eat my breakfast, then wash the dishes I made.

Since Noah cancelled our plans and I'm seeing Mo later, I decided to return a call to a certain gray eyed guy. I have been thinking that I should talk to him instead of ignoring him like I am a teenage girl. I dial Hayden's number, but it goes straight to voicemail. I leave him at text telling him to call me when he gets my text. Maybe he decided to give up and move on, who knows.

I decide to catch up on some on my favourite shows that I missed during exams. My eyes start feeling sleepy an hour into the repeats marathon and I dosed off.

I open my eyes due to my phone going off on the coffee table, it's Hayden.

I answer the call and he tells me he got my text just that he was in the meeting at work. I tell him I was wanted to see him but since he is busy we will meet some other time, but he cuts me off saying I should go to his place if I don't mind.

I was thinking maybe we would meet out for coffee, but Hayden left work early to continue working from home. I guess it's not such a big deal to be going to a guy's place, I am a young woman and this is normal, right?

While I  shower I can't seem to stop smiling,I look like the cat that got the cream. I am not sure what to wear, but I go for a simple look black jeans and a tee written 'I am a woman and kind' then I wear green sweater and my black sneakers. It has been snowing these past days due so I take a scarf, gloves and jacket on my way out and get a taxi.

In an hour's time I get at Hayden's apartment after being stuck to the afternoon traffic.

"Hey, glad you could make it" he says sounding nervous and giving me a brief hug. He smells so good.

'Can I come in?' I ask.

"Sorry, yes please come in. Let me take your jacket"

I take off my jacket and gloves and Hade puts them in his closet along with my scarf.
Walking into the kitchen I smell something delicious. He is not just charmer but he can also cook. It's as though I am seeing him in a different light today.

'Something smells delicious, I didn't think you can cook' I smile at him.

"Just spent time with me and maybe I will show you my other talents" he winks making me blush.

I clear my throat before speaking 'So what are you making'

"I made beef stew and rice and baked chocolate chip cupcakes.Hope you will enjoy them. I also made salad in case you are on a diet of some sort" he added.

'It's a good thing I didn't eat lunch'

"Thought as much, you sounded like you had just woken up from a very long sleep when I called"

"Yes I was asleep when you called."

We continue talking lightly as we eat, and I'm honestly looking forward to eating cupcakes more than anything. After eating I take the dishes to the kitchen to wash them.
"You don't have to wash the dishes, you are my guest" Hade says when he sees me collecting the dishes.

'I may be a guest, but that doesn't mean I should let you cook for me and clean up after me' I address him as I walk to the kitchen.

"Fair point, but let me help you so we can finish in record time"

Since it's clear that he is not going to take no for an answer I let him help me with the dishes. There's comfortable silence as we wash and put the dishes away. A moment after washing the dishes he gives me his famous cupcakes.I moan as soon as I taste the cupcakes because they taste so good. Not even my mum's cupcakes are this good, moist, so soft and just enough cocoa.

I feel his heated gaze and I'm met with his hooted eyes the moment I open my eyes. He clears his throat and he looks at my mouth before moving into the living room. Hayden's appartement has an open plan, the kitchen, small dinning room and living room are barely separated by the small wall between the kitchen and dining room.

I follow him to the living room and he asks me which movie I want to watch. 'Pick something you like' I comment after swallowing my cupcake. Hade settles for RomCom, if I'm being honest I'm not really following, I can't get the look he gave me when he heard me moan as I ate his cupcake.

Half way through the movie Hayden is slowly moving his finger through my hair, if I didn't sleep earlier this afternoon I would be sleep now. His fingers move to my neck giving me goosebumps, his fingers wonder down to the spot below my ear and I shiver.

This little play goes on for a few minutes,I can tell he is no longer paying attention to the movie on the screen where I see a couple heavily making out. This makes me all hot and bothered, and as if Hayden can sense my sudden arousal caused by him and the couple. He leans in and kisses my cheek, I lift my head to give him access to my neck where he continues to leave small kisses.

He moves to place his lips on mine ever so softly. The kiss is soft at first, testing the waters and not pushing me until I push the pace, I deepen the kiss and before long I'm sitting oh his lap. Hayden bites my lower lip asking for entrance which I give him immediately making me moan. My hand is at the back of his neck while the other is feeling his abs.

Things get heated pretty fast, he stands up with me still in his arms and hovers over me on the couch. Hayden attacks my neck with kisses and I can't help a moan that leaves my mouth before I could even stop it.

"Your so beautiful Tori",he says lifting my sweatshirt over my head. He lifts me vest to kiss my belly button making me shiver, then kisses just above my jeans and unbuttons my jeans. My mind is telling me to stop him, but my body wants him to continue with his torture.

"Do you mind taking this is my room?"

Yes

My inner voice says.

'Take me' Is what comes out of my mouth, just above a whisper as though his deep voice and kisses drugged me.

Please don't forget to vote and comment. What do you think of Vicky, is she ready for the step she is about to take?

Kikipee💙