chapter 19

Hayden's POV

I have been awake for quite some time now thinking about Victoria, I thought I would know where we stand yesterday, but I'm afraid we are still where we were a month ago. I have loved this girl for as long as I have know her, I knew I didn't deserve her back in high school hence I never approached her.

I thought I no longer have such strong feelings towards her after all these years, but seeing her at the hospital the day Lily had an accident, seeing her crying and suffer that way pulled at my heart. I hated feeling so helpless, seeing her struggle for breath and crying for her best friend. I have never felt so guilty as I did in that moment, because I was the one who invited Lily to the party.

I want her to know that I will wait for her till she is ready to move on with her life. What scares me is that she will never want to be with me because of Lily. Monica told me to give her time and that she will come around. It frustrates me to no end knowing that there's a possibility that she will never get past me having a brief fling with her friend, she is afraid to love me because of fear of betraying her friend.

What would I do if she never gives me a chance, if she never lets go of trauma and heart break. I'm not sure how I will get her to accept her feelings or even acknowledge them, but one thing I know it's that I'm not giving up on her. I don't care if it will take me months or years, I will love her till I am worthy of her time and love.

I am brought out of my thoughts by a loud knock downstairs and take my phone to look what time it is. It's 9AM, which means it's probably Jamie at my door. We usually hang out on Sunday afternoon to watch the game and hang out. It's been a while since we last chilled and talked without the other guys.

"I know you are in there you jerk so open up" Jamie shouts. I walk downstairs to open for Jamie before he breaks my door or eardrums.

'Don't break my door moron' I shout before reaching the door and opening for him to come inside.

"What took you so long, don't tell me you were still sleeping" he shuts the door and goes straight to my fridge.

'You are early, I thought you were only supposed to get here by twelve'

'What are you looking for in my fridge' I add feeling like there's more to him being him this early. Jamie is not much of a talker, if I really want him to tell me what's going on, I will have to ask.

"I'm looking for something to eat, why is your fridge empty?" I watch him pace in my kitchen, looking in the fridge then the cupboards.

'I have to go buy some things, there are some crispy chips in top shelf on your left. Eat those while I order us something to eat, because I'm guessing you didn't eat anything at your place hence you are raiding my kitchen'

"Mariah is not home and I did not feel like making my own breakfast so here I am" he throws himself on the couch and sighs.

'Mariah has spoiled you rotten you dork, instead of making your own breakfast you come to my house' I ask him as I look for something to order.

I order a Macdonald's breakfast special for the both of us, I have a gym session tomorrow morning to burn all of the fat I have been consuming this weekend.

"Any progress with Vicky, the look on your face says she did not spend the night"

Jamie knows how I feel about Victoria, he had known for years. 'No progress whatsoever, instead I feel like we are back to square one you know'

"I still can't believe you're still in love with her after all these years. It explains why Melinda dumped you saying you are a heartless bastard" he laughs still in disbelief.

'She still hates me till date, says I ruined her perfect life. Not sure why she thought I was going to propose after four months of dating"

Melinda is the daughter of one of the law firm's clients, her father was charged with fraud so he wanted us to clear his name which we did after finding out that his business partner framed him. To celebrate his name being cleared, he invited me along with my boss and when we arrived there I saw this sexy girl with the silkiest blond hair. We hooked up that night and a month later I asked her to be my girlfriend, she was funny and not quite smart so I thought why not.

Long story short three months later it was her birthday so like a perfect boyfriend I was, I took her to this expensive restaurant she had been talking about all month. I ordered champagne and she kept looking in her glass like there's something in there, I ignored her and we ordered food, throughout the whole dinner she was not acting like herself so I asked her what was wrong. " Are you not going to propose ?" I chocked on my food because I was nor expecting her question.

'What gave you the idea that I'm going to propose?'

"This restaurant, when I told you about this restaurant I told you it would be a perfect place for a proposal after seeing Kaitlyn getting engaged" she said in a high pitched voice.

I explained to her that I have just been working for a year and half and not ready to settle down. She got angry when I told her I am not ready for such a big step and said that I ruined all her plans of marrying prince charming.

"I think I'm falling for Mo. When she first got together, she told me not to fall for her because she can't promise to give me what I want" Jamie says going off topic.

Just as I am about to comment, there's a knock on the door. That must be out food, I take my wallet and open the door to the delivery man and pay for our food and tip him.

'Let's eat before you collapse in my living room' I joke trying to clear the air for the intense talk we are about to have.

"Look at you enjoying my suffering, I didn't think she was the girl I would fall for you know. She is confident, loud, talkative and so damn bold in everything she does. The opposite of all my ex girlfriends" he says in between chewing.

'I know what you mean man, she is different and I think you should tell her how you feel before this gets too much for the both of you'

I have seen Jamie heartbroken before when his girlfriend of two years cheated on him with one of our friends. It took him a long time for him to be his old self again, some might say he is a sissy but one of the reasons he has been my friend for so long is because he doesn't sugarcoat his feelings about anything or anyone. When he loves he gives it his all, so I'm hoping Mo will not hurt him.

"I don't know man" he says lost in thought.

Did you like Hade's POV?

What did you think of the bromance between these two, the talk and share things without judgement on both ends. I believe that we should have a male generation of men who are not afraid of their feelings, whether good or bad and acknowledge them for what they are instead of sweeping them under the rack because they do not want to be judged by other men.

We need men who talk about issues with their those they trust and get support. I think this would drop statistics of men and boys who suffer in silence or take their lives. We have to do better for our fellow friends and colleagues, support them without judgement and just be there for them.

Please vote, comment and follow.

Kikipee❤️