chapter 36

It's been a week since Noah found Hayden at my apartment, Sam's birthday was yesterday on Friday and today mum is hosting her infamous birthday lunch. I took a flight last night with Noah, it took much convincing on Hailey's part for my brother to agree to come to Florida last night and sleep at home instead of a hotel.

Noah wanted to book a flight for today morning, he has been acting strange since we came back from Riverdale, at our grandparents' house. Just before we left grandma asked me to dish up for her neighbour, and upon coming back I realized that it was a ploy to get me out of the house so they could speak privately with Noah.

I tried to ask Noah what it was about, but the lame answers he gave me told me he was lying. When we got home he suddenly had lots of work he has to finish and couldn't come home with me for Sam's birthday.

My brother makes sure to call at least one a week, and from there we text almost every day checking on one another. So it came as a surprise when I didn't receive any message from him for two days in a row and when I texted him he didn't reply my texts. I couldn't understand what is he so busy with that he can't even find seconds to reply my texts.

When we arrived last night, mum and dad had already go to bed so I wake up early today to ask mum if she needs help. When we spoke on the phone, she said she has everything under control and that she didn't invite many people. 

I make my bed, go to the bathroom to do my morning routine. I wonder if Hayden has woke up, our flight landed at 11:30PM last night and we were all exhausted as we had come from work. We took a late flight, because the boys work unpredictable hours at their law firms.

Mo couldn't come with us because she was meeting Jamie's dad, Mr Reynolds was known to be a shrewd businessman. She almost past out when Jamie told her that his dad would like to meet her, it was no secret that Jamie and Mo were in serious relationship, but I guess Jamie's dad demanding to see her made her realize how serious everything was and she got s scared.

When I get back from the bathroom, I change my PJs for yoga leggings and one of my baggy shirts that I stole from Noah or Liam. I put my hair in a messy bun and go to my closet to select an outfit that I will wear later on today, it's the beginning of spring and I feel like wearing soft colours. When I am happy with my choice I run downstairs to see if mum needs any help.

.................................

Hayden's POV

I'm driving to Victoria's house, she texted me hours ago telling me to arrive at 2PM  and not to be late. She told me she wants me to arrive before her grandmother, who might question me to no end and hates people who can't keep time.

My mother was so happy to see me, but I think she was more happy when to hear that I am meeting Victoria's family today. I have been a nervous ball since last night, I am not sure what to expect and I wish I was only meeting her parents. I relax a bit when I see only one car in the driveway at Victoria's house.

After parking and locking my car I go towards the house and knock lightly on the big wooden door. Just as I am about to knock again I hear voices on the other side of the door and a woman in her forties opens the door with a smile on her face. I recognize her as Victoria's mother, I remember seeing her a few times at school meetings.

'Good afternoon Mrs Thompson' I greet the replica of Victoria and see my girlfriend coming towards us.

"Hello, it's Mrs Wells. You must be Hayden?"

I'm still trying to wrap my head around her change if name, maybe she remarried or uses her maiden surname.

"Hey Hade, come in" Victoria's cheery voice brings me out of my thoughts about her mother's last name and I remember that I bought flowers for her mother. My mum convinced that I should show up with empty hands.