chapter 20

Hayden and I haven't talked since our misunderstanding at his place days ago. He stopped texting to check up on me and after some time I stopped looking at my phone every hour to see if he texted. I booked a flight to Orlando later that night, all that matters now is to be home and see my family instead of thinking of the way he looks at me.

Now I'm currently in a taxi from the airport, I didn't tell anyone that I was coming home few days earlier than I had planned, off course Mo and Noah know that I'm coming home.I left Mo in New York because she wants to spend some time with Jamie before comes home for Christmas.

"Ma'am we have arrived" I'm brought out of my thoughts by the taxi driver. Only then do I realize that I'm outside my home, I pay the driver then say a small thank you before getting out of the taxi.

I slowly walk to the door I press the doorbell and patiently wait for someone to open the door for me. My brother is the one answering the door, looking so surprised that I'm here. Before I can make any move, the door is shut in my face, this dumbass did not just close the door in my face did he?

I think he just did.

"Who was at the door Sam, what did they want" I hear mum shouting meaning Sam is still at the door. "No one mum, must be pranksters" I try to open the door but Sam is pushing it so that I can't come in.

"Samuel, you better open this door right now or I'm going to kick your sorry ass" I yell  still trying to open the door. I'm about to give up when he opens the door again, smiling to himself.

"Hey pumpkin, what are you doing here?"

'I-i believe this is my parents house and I'm allowed to come home for holidays' I answer him already walking in. 'And stop calling pumpkin'

"Haha very funny,I thought-" Sam is cut of my mum coming from the kitchen.

"Sam who are you talking to, I thought you said there wasn't anyone at the door" My mum comes out of the kitchen to see who Sam is talking to. "Hey honey" she smiles warmly at me. "Don't tell me he locked you outside" she narrows her eyes at his youngest.

'Hey mum' I say walking towards her then give her a hug. ' He did, and don't even think for a second that I forget to kick your ass Sam, I will get you back' I promise him.

"We thought you would still be in New York, is everything okay" mum follows me to the sitting room where dad is sitting watching some animal show.

'Can't I come home without anything being wrong, just decided to come home earlier that's all'

"Hey pumpkin, it's so good to have my baby girl at home. I missed you come join me" dad says petting the couch next to him.

"Sam bring another dish for your sister and take her bags upstairs" mum orders Sam and I hear him groaning making me snicker at him.

Mum tells us supper is ready and dad goes to the dining room while I go wash my hands in the bathroom. When I'm sure that my hands are clean I walk to the dining room and see Sam coming from upstairs. He looks at me hoping to see what I have planned for him as pay back, and I smile at him. I have two weeks to get back at him, now is not the time. We walk to the dining room and take our seats at the table.

"Why didn't you tell us you are coming, we could have picked you up from the airport?" Dad is the one asking.

"I wanted to surprise you guys" I say taking a sip on my orange juice.

"Okay, let's eat." We chit chat while we eat the delicious food mum prepared. This is what I missed most, my mum's cooking and it's not that I'm a bad cook, there's just something about one's mum's cooking. It's symbolizes home, warmth and love.