Chapter 1

I walked briskly whipping my head around after each step I took, wishing I was closer to home.

  My older sister and I went to a party at her bestfriend's house, she got drunk and left me there. Everyone was leaving and I didn't want to be stuck in a house I didn't even know the owner of. I didn't live far away, so I decided to walk home.

I was irritated by what my sister did to me, and couldn't wait to get home, so I could rant about her irresponsible actions to our mother.

It was 12am and I was the only person walking in the streets. Fear ran through my body, every sound I heard sent shivers up my spine.

  Not long after I could  finally see my house in the distance, this calmed my nerves a bit and I lessened the amount of  times I looked behind me.

I heard someone shout something, and turned around to see who it was. I didn't see anyone. This made the hair on my arms and legs stand up. The fear went all the way to my feet and I bolted for home.

   I slowed down a little, and looked up ahead. Three men stood rooted in the middle of the dimly lit street. At the worst time ever, my feet decided to stop moving and my entire body froze.

   "This is it! I really won't make it home tonight!" I said trembling with fear.

I looked up at the trio, who didn't change their positions. I could hear my heart pounding in my chest, but I couldn't move.

   "I can't die, I have so much to live for!" I said shaking off the fear that hovered over me. I quickly spun around  and ran in the direction I was coming from.

  I tripped over something, as I fell a sharp pain rose in my right knee. I looked up from the ground, and a pair of light yellow eyes pierced through mine. The eyes I saw  startled me, they didn't look normal.

  Before I could take a breath someone grabbed my hand and placed me onto my feet.  My legs wobbled and I struggled to stand up straight.

  The men seemed amused at my fear, because they smiled broadly exposing sharp chisel shaped teeth. Everything  about these men was strange, they didn't look mundane. I wanted to run but the pain in my legs hindered that. 

  "She's the Posytyve!" I heard one of them shout with excitement in his voice.

   The one that looked like the eldest of the three walked up to me, causing me to flinch. His face had many scars and his eyes looked unfriendly. The smile on his  lips was evil and cold.

  He was so close to me that I could smell the stale beer and cigarette on his breath. I knew in that moment it was going to be the end of me. He lunged at me, and I closed my eyes. I stood there waiting, but nothing happened.

I slowly opened my eyes holding my hands up to shield my face from the expected blow. I looked around, all I saw was the three men slung on their backs at the other side of the street. I saw them bursting into golden dust one by one. This was a startling sight, but I wasn't fully conscious enough to react.

   I looked down, and realized that I was being carried on someone's shoulder. I couldn't remember being lifted and slung on anyone's shoulder. I could see that my rescuer was male. He had broad shoulders  that carried me with no effort. His body was warm, and I felt oddly comfortable.

   "Who are you? Where are you taking me?" I managed to ask through heavy breaths.

"Help!" I said faintly. I doubted anyone could've heard me.

   I immediately passed out before I could get an answer from the person carrying me.

An hour later