Chapter 27

Alexander's POV

I turned to look at Emma one more time before turning back to look at the full moon in the sky.

I liked watching her sleep, she looked calm and at peace. Her hair covered the pillow and her lips were slightly open. She would mutter random things in her sleep that would make me smile uncontrollably. She would also toss and turn a lot making it hard for me to concentrate, but I didn't mind.

I turned my attention to her bed that wasn't made. In the middle of the night she woke me up and asked if she could sleep beside me because she had a terrible nightmare.

She was still half asleep but I was surprised, because she'd never asked to sleep beside me before. I told her she could and she fell asleep as soon as she got under the covers.

I didn't get much sleep because she kicked and punched me a lot. I woke up at 3am and her foot was resting on my stomach.

I couldn't go back to sleep so I decided to draw. I hadn't worked on an art piece in a while so I got behind my desk and started drawing

"Xander!"

I lifted my eyes from my drawing book and looked over at Emma. Her messy hair stretched with her body as she lifted her arms and yawned. She hurriedly used her palm to pat her mouth. After the long yawn her sleepy eyes realized that I was watching her and she immediately looked away.

"Goodmorning Emma. I see you slept well."

She smiled and looked up at me. She then pushed down the covers and sat up.

"Good morning, yes I did. How about you?"

"Actually, I'm so glad you asked that question. You kicked and punched me so much I thought I was going to die. So, I decided to give my bed to you and do some drawing.

I watched as her eyes widen. Her cheeks gained colour and she placed her hand over her mouth in shock.

"Oh my gosh! Xander I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"It's okay! You're really strong when you're asleep."

My joke didn't lighten the mood for her she was still tense and embarrassed.

"Emma, there's nothing to be embarrassed about."

"I'm really sorry."

"It's fine."

She got out of bed and walked briskly to the bathroom. I returned to my drawing while I waited for her to come back.

She came out the bathroom immediately after I finished drawing. She curiously walked over to my desk to see what I was drawing.

"Can I see?" She questioned.

I playfully closed the book as soon as she asked.

"No you can't."

"Why not?"

"Because I said so."

She fanned me off and walked away.

"Fine!" She shouted, then sat back down on the my bed.

I got up and walked over to her with a smirk on my lips. She avoided my eyes and started making the bed.

"Emma I was just joking."

"I know! It's no big deal."

"Then why won't you look at me?"

She stopped fixing the bed and looked up at me.

"There. Happy now?"

"Actually,no."

I took her hands in mine and smiled at her. Her tensed lips smoothened and her heart rate increased. I placed my hands around her waist and pulled her close to me. I watched in amusement as her facial expression changed from being annoyed to shyness.

I used my index finger to lift her face up for her to look at me.

"Why are you still so shy? Aren't you used to me yet?!" I asked.

I was struggling to keep a straight face. Her facial expressions always made me laugh.

She moved her eyes from my face and hung her head once again. I watched her as she fiddled with my T-shirt nervously.

I couldn't help but smile at her reactions. She was the first woman I'd ever met who was like that. Whenever I was close to her she got shy and never look at me for too long.

Even though I'd kissed her more than once her shyness never left, I found it cute. I'd never dated a girl I found cute before and that made me more excited about Emma.

I kissed her cheek, then moved to her ear. I felt her body shiver and that inflamed me.

"Am I forgiven?!" I whispered.

"For now, but I still want to see that drawing." She replied.

"Of course."

I was about to lift her up from the floor when there was a deafening knock on the door causing both of us to turn our attention to it.

"Your highness, the king wishes to see you and the Posytyve urgently." One of my father's servants said from the other side of the door.

"I'll be right out." I replied.

Emma squeezed my arm and stared at the door silently.

"Do you think he found out that we wen-"

"Emma. Relax! Don't worry about it. Whatever it is I'll handle it." Xander said interrupting me.

She looked up at me and sighed. . I knew she was scared but I didn't want her to be. I didn't want her to worry about anything.

"Emma, look at me!" I whispered.

Her eyes moved from the door to mine. 

"I'll be there with you. Are you ready?

"Yes, but I want to change into better clothes."

"Okay."

Emma hurried to change her clothes while I waited for her. I walked over to the window and sighed. I had a feeling he found out about the trip to Greyland.

"I'm ready."

"Let's go then."

I held her hand and we walked out the door

Two Salwares stood guard at my father's throne room door. They saluted me then quickly opened the door.

My father stopped pacing as soon as he saw us. His eyes travelled from my face to Emma's.

I held her hand and walked closer to him. I had to lightly pull Emma for her to move.

"Father you asked to see us?" I asked in a respectful tone.

He rose his eyebrows and brushed his royal garment. He then walked closer to us silently not looking away from Emma.
________________________