Chapter 15

A/N
I looooove the song above so so so much. I think it fits this chapter. If you don't like k-pop just skip it.

Alexander's POV

  Three months had passed since I last saw Emma. The entire kingdom spent sleepless nights searching for her.

I hardly slept, ate or talked to anyone. I stayed away from everyone and spent most of my days  and nights searching for her.

I placed  her in that bubble so that it would bring her to the safe room but instead it brought her away. That only happened when a Posytyve was placed inside.

"I was supposed to protect her!" I said with a loud sigh.

I was the reason she was gone. I just placed her in the bubble and left her. It was supposed to bring her to the safe room but she wasn't focused enough for it to bring her there. I didn't get to tell her what she should've done.

I pounded my fist against  the glass door shattering it into a million pieces. Blood oozed from my fist when I removed it from the shattered glass door, but I didn't care. I didn't feel anything. I watched the blood cover my fist while the glass door came together again.

I repeatedly punched my wall and allowed the tears to fall. "If she falls into the hands of the Gloans I don't know what I would do." I said shaking my head.

My sisters rushed into my room with worried expressions on their faces.

"Xander what happened here!?" Esther asked.

"You're bleeding!" Lydia shouted grabbing my injured fist.

I ignored them and walked to the balcony. I then leaned on the wall and slid to the floor. My sisters followed behind me.

I took my shirt off and wrapped it around my hands cursing myself for being so stupid. My sisters knew I wouldn't talk to them because that was just who I was, so they sat in silence wondering what to do next.

"Xander why are you doing this to yourself?!" Esther asked pulling my arm.

"Yeah! Its not your fault. Stop blaming yourself. Lydia said agreeing.

I remained silent. I didn't want to talk to them, I didn't want them there. I just wanted  them to leave me alone.

  "Please leave me alone. GO AWAY!"
I shouted staring off into the distance.

  They looked at each other confused but got up and left. I knew exactly where they were going.

  They were going to get father. I didn't want to talk to anyone so I jumped over the balcony and sprinted off to the other side of the kingdom.

I walked to a nearby forest and laid on a tree trunk nearby. I knew Emma was lost in one of the hidden cities. It would be impossible for me to get there but I sat and thought of ways I could get.

  It started to rain but I didn't move from where I was.

  Thunders burst from the sky followed by a little flash of lightning. I was soaked from head to toe, but nothing mattered at the moment. I didn't care if I died right where I was. I failed, I failed  my father, the kingdom and Emma.

  I began thinking about Emma. She was going through a lot in our world. She was finally getting used to our world, finally  starting to feel safe around me then that happened.

I was supposed to protect her, but I failed. Just one thing I couldn't do, protect her. I sat where I was motionless, not knowing what to do.

  "Xander!" I heard someone call out to me in a weak  voice.

  At first I thought it was in my head but I heard it again and it sounded too real to be coming from my head.

  "Xander!" The voice said again. This time they sounded as if they were choking.

I looked around and hurriedly stood  up from the tree trunk. I followed the sound, the closer I got the  clearer I heard my name.

A figure sat curled up  in some twigs. I walked closer and noticed that it was a female. She lifted her head weakly and looked up at me.

   The moment our eyes met my heart stopped. It was Emma, I froze in shock and I didn't know how to feel. As soon as I  lifted her from off the ground,  she collapsed in my arms.

  I ran briskly almost tripped over the tree stumps in the way. I could still hear her heart beat while I ran with her. She was still breathing but it was hard and heavy.

"You're safe now Emma. I got you!" I said massaging her soaked hair.

I hurried up the steps at the side of the balcony that I'd never used. I slid open my glass door and placed her on the couch.

  I got out some of her clothes then stared at her. I didn't want her to catch a cold so I had no choice but to dress her and put dry clothes on her.

  I noticed that she was wearing the transparent dress. This dress was made and used by the Pixels, women soldiers of the south. They wore the transparent dress when they were going in battle so they could go undetected by their enemies. It puzzled me that Emma was wearing that dress and I couldn't help but wonder how and where she got it.

  "Please forgive me Emma. I really hope you do." I said walking closer to her.

  I turned my head to the side and took the dress off. She was still out cold and there was no way she'd be conscious anytime soon. Her entire body felt like an ice cube.

I took off her dress and I placed it on the floor. I used the towel to dry her hair then her face.  I took a deep breath and quickly dried the upper part of her body then placed the T-shirt over her head.

   I put the towel around her waist and put her under wear on. I then dressed her in her shorts. Dressing a female was one of the hardest tasks I'd ever had to get done. I wrapped the towel around her head then I lifted her and placed her onto her bed. I sat next to her hoping my body produced enough heat to make her warm.

  She started to move, I could see she was coming back to consciousness. She didn't sit up, she only moved close to me and wrapped her hands around my waist.

  "Help me Xander, he's coming! Don't let him take me away again!" She whispered wiggling around.

This startled me. "Who is he!?" I asked myself.
I didn't sleep that night. I laid beside her hugging and calming her.

"Xander!" She whispered again.

  I was about to answer but I looked over at her and realized that she was only calling my name in  her sleep.
_____________#____________#__________

Tha endddd!!!

Don't forget to click the star ⭐️ 👇🏽below and vote for this chapter.