Chapter 17

Alexander's POV

  I quickly got off the bed and walked toward my front door. I took a deep breath before opening it.

My uncle stood behind the door staring into my room. He stared at me then at Emma.

He stepped into my room silently. He placed his hands in his pockets and smiled.

"What did you want to talk about?!" I asked him.

He swallowed hard. A grin then appeared on his face before he scratched the back of his head.

"I thought you were in here thinking of ways to commit suicide but as I can see, there's no need for that since Emma is back."

I looked up at him then at Emma who sat curled up under the sheets staring at us.

"Oh, yeah! Emma's back. I found her in the woods behind the kingdom. It's a long, long story." I replied.

"Okay!" Was all he said.

"I better leave you guys alone then."
  He Left the room before I could reply.

I turned to look at Emma who was still curled up in the bed. She looked as if she was hiding something. I didn't want to question her about it so I allowed it to slide.

"Would you like to go somewhere with me?!"

"Okay!" She replied.

She got out of bed and came to stand beside me holding her arm.

  "Let's jump from here." I told her.

  She stared at me with fear in her eyes.

  "J-j-Jump?!" She stuttered.

"Yeah! Did all the trust you have in me just evaporate?" I asked holding onto her hand.

  "Can't we walk through the wall or something?!" She replied.

"We could take the stairs." I told her.

"So why do you want to jump from the balcony if we can just take the stairs?"

"Where's the fun in that?"

I stared at me silently. I knew there was no getting around so I gave in.

"Let's take the stairs."

  We walked down the steps and toward the entrance to my secret hideout.

  It had been a while since I went there. The grass looked greener and fresher. The sun was setting and the evening air become cool.

The grasses danced in the wind under my feet and the cool sea breeze kissed my face, welcoming me back after such a long time.

I could see that Emma was captivated by the scenery and it honestly made me smile.

"This is so cool. How is the sea so close to the kingdom?"

"It's actually not the ocean. It's sea water but in pond form."

"What? How is that possible?"

"Anything is possible here Emma."

"I like it."

  She first looked around, taking  pictures of the place with her eyes.  She then walked away from me to a spot where blue roses were planted in a group.

  She picked one and smelled it. She smiled in delight as she inhaled the smell of the roses

"Light blue roses?!" she asked looking up at me.

  "Yeah, aren't they beautiful?" I asked her. Her smile only grew brighter. 

"They are." She said smiling.
I looked away from  her and went to sit and watch the sunset. She joined me after smelling all the roses planted around the pond.

  "I found this place when I was some years younger. I planted the flower here so that no one else could steal my spot." I grinned.

She looked up at me and chuckled.

"When I'm out here I forget about my vampire side and my dreams of being human comes to life. Here I can't be sad or stressed, when I'm in a bad mood and I come here all my negative  feelings are left outside the flower."

  "Wow! You're so lucky to have a place to come and feel better, I never did. I would just cry myself to sleep." She replied.

"I understand what you went through because I did too. I was scared to make friends because I didn't want them to think I was weird."

"I can only imagine what that's like."

  "Yeah."

  "Hey you have me now. I'm good company, I think." She told me.

  "You think?" I asked.

"Yeah."  She replied.

  I leaned close to her and stared at her lips. She had the most beautiful lips I had ever seen.

  "You know,  you have wonderful lips." I told her.

  "Are you saying that because you want to kiss me!?" She asked.

  "I'm serious, but I would love to kiss you Emma." I replied.

  She pulled me closer and I kissed her. We stayed like that until I realized I was too exited.

  "Xander can I ask you something?"

  "Sure."

  "I know it's none of my business but are you and your father vegan?"

  "Yes we are. King Fains don't eat meat. Eating meet would be like be eating a sponge. Because we will be ruling all supernaturals it is disrespectful if we consume meat. I don't mind though, I never liked it anyway. I told her

  "I see, but why is it disrespectful? I don't get it." She said.

  I got up and took her hand. "Come on walk with me."

  As soon as Emma and I left my hideout I  noticed a brunette haired guy leaning on a tree in the nearby tree. Emma noticed him too and froze.

  I looked down at her and asked if she was okay, but she didn't reply. I looked over at the man and recognised his face.

   He began walking over to us with his hands in his pockets. I stared at him not believing my eyes.
********************************************
Tha 3nd
👋🏾