Chapter 32

Emma's POV

  I silently watched Xander as he wiped the windows, his hands moving in a rhythmic motion. Left right, down, right left down. The veins in his arm becoming visibly thicker every time he moved his hand.

My mind suddenly drifted after a few minutes of watching him. I was wondering where my life would go. Would I be running all my life? I already knew I was stuck in this world but I couldn't help but wonder what the future held for me.

  "Why do you worry so much Emma?"

  "What!?"

  "You worry too much. I mean I can't hear your thoughts anymore but I can feel you worrying. You shouldn't stress so much. You'll get old quickly." He said turning to face me.

  "I'm not worrying, I'm just tired."

  He stopped wiping the window, threw the cloth to the floor and walked over to me.

"You look like a potato when you worry Emma."

  "Is that supposed to be a joke?" I asked giggling.

  "Atleast I made you laugh."

He walked back to the cloth and took it up.

"Don't you have maids who clean your room?"

He turned to look at me.

"Oh! Uh! Actually we do but I fired the one responsible for cleaning my room."

"Why?"

"The first reason is because I'm not dependent. I like to do things on my own."

"And the second reason?" He said calmly.

"Second reason? I don't remember saying there was a second reason."

I knew he was hiding something but I didn't want to be inquisitive. It wasn't my business anyway. I had no right to ask him things he didn't want to talk about.

"We got together once and she lied that I got her pregnant. She wasn't even pregnant just a crook trying to benefit from a royal family."

"Xander you didn't have to-"

"It's okay Emma."

"Xander, this might sound odd but I can't hear your thoughts anymore."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know. I feel like something is wrong."

"So you're trying to read my mind?" He asked laughing.

He turned his back to me, took his shirt off and threw it on the couch.

"That shirt is making me too sweaty." He said to himself.

"Xander!"

"Yeah, I know!"

"What are you talking about?"

"I know your name isn't on my back anymore."

"Wait, you knew and you never said anything to me!?"

"It happened after I got my Teec removed."

I stared at him not believing my ears.

"We are no longer connected like that Emma. I can still protect you and know when you're in danger but we're no longer connected.

"What does that mean?"

"It means we can have a future together." He told me smiling.

"What does that even mean!?" I asked confused.

"If we're no longer connected it won't be written that we have a Fain and Posytyve relationship. Now I can be whatever you want me to be." He said smiling.

"When were you planning to tell this to me?" I asked shocked at his words.

"Now." He said throwing the cloth in the air.

   We both watched as the cloth fold and disappear into thin air. I was so used to everything that I wasn't even surprised that happened.

"My name isn't on your back anymore either."

"What?!"

"It's gone let me show you."

He drew the mirror before me. I lifted my shirt and turned to look at my back. It was true, his name was gone. Not even a mark was there.

"But, it was there the day before yesterday." I told him.

"Yeah. Yours would take a longer time to leave.

"Wait, you planned this?" I asked him.

"Maybe." He said smirking.

A knock on the door interrupted us. Xander placed his hands in his pockets and smiled. It was as if he was expecting someone.

I remained  seated on the bed waiting to see who was behind the door.

Xander opened the  door and I heard another male's voice from outside. Xander invited the person in and closed the door behind them.

  As soon as he stepped inside I recognized him, It was D'angelo. He walked in the room slowly running his right hand through his hair. I concluded that was a thing with the male Aims.

"Hey Emma!" He said smiling, exposing his sharp canines.

He had on a grey T-shirt that covered his toned body and blue denim jeans. His dark curly hair laid messily all over his head.

"Hey D'angelo!" I replied.
He walked over to the couch to the left and sat down. Xander came over to sit beside me on the bed. The scent of lavender tickled my nose as he sat.

"So did I interrupt anything?!" He asked smirking.

Xander only laughed.

"Why are you even here?" Xander asked.

"I need somewhere to crash. Mom kicked me out. She says I'm old enough to survive on my own.'' He replied shaking his head.

Xander stared at him for a few seconds before looking over at me. He then exhaled and looked back at D'angelo.

"I don't have a problem with you staying, but you'll have to ask Emma. It's all up to her bro."

I was shocked at what he said and stayed quiet for a while. I didn't have a problem with him staying but I couldn't believe Xander would allow me to make decisions in a house that wasn't mine.

"So Emma what do you say?" Xander suddenly asked

"Yeah, no problem. If Xander is cool with it I'm cool with it.'' I replied.

"Please don't view me as rude but how are you still living with your mom?" I asked regretting it as soon as the last word came out of my mouth.

He looked at Xander then at me, then  they both began laughing. I thought he would be embarrassed or  offended, but instead of getting offended he started laughing so hard that he couldn't even talk properly. Xander looked over at me then his laugh got louder. All I did was sit there like a dummy waiting for them to explain to me what was so funny.

"In time you'll  fully understand our world. Don't worry.'' D'angelo said still laughing at me.

Xander only shook his head in agreement.

"So can I move in tomorrow?" D'angelo asked changing the subject.

"Yeah, you can stay in the room upstairs."
Xander replied looking back at me.

"Thanks brother. I won't stay long, as soon as I get my own place I'll be out of here." D'angelo replied.

"Welcome aboard." I said smiling.

  "You bet! Sis in-law." He answered.

  I looked over at Xander awkwardly and entwined my fingers. I was flattered that Xander's brother considered me as his sister in law. Xander only smiled and used his thumb to massage his chin.
------------------------------------------------------