Chapter 35

Emma's POV

   I waited for Xander to sit beside me. He looked calm but it was obvious he was curious about what I wanted to say. 

  "I was up all night waiting for you to return."  I told him.

  "Emma, you should get some  sleep." He replied.

    I turned to face him and took a deep breath before talking.

   "I'm sorry for the way I acted earlier."

    "You don't have to apologize Emma. I understand what you are going through. I might not understand everything, but I know how you feel. I'm so sorry for being mad at you." He replied.

  I stared at him silently before speaking again.
  "I don't want this to break us apart. I'm very grateful for all you've done for me Xander. I'm so sorry."

  He moved close to me and made me rest my  head on his chest. He kissed my forehead and  ran his hand through my hair.

  "I love you Emma."

    "You what!?"

   He'd never said those words to me before and I'd never heard them from a guy before either so I didn't know how to react. I got shy and blushed uncontrollably.
  "You love me!?"

  He looked at me as if he didn't expect my response.

  "I do!"

  "I love you too Xander."  I said still not believing my ears.

  " I have one question. Why do you view us meeting as a bad thing? To me its fate. I know I would've been a wreck if I'd never met you."

  "What do you mean!?" I asked confused.

  "I wasn't always like this, I never loved. The closest I'd ever gotten was with Alya but when she left I just went back to my old ways." He told me. 

  "Really!?"

  "Yeah, I liked the fact that I could get whoever I wanted, whenever I wanted."

  I stared at him not knowing what to say. Xander was a womanizer. That reality made me speechless.

  "I know it's none of my business, but do you know what made you that way!?"

  "There's this hole inside of me that I try to fill, but no matter what I do it only gets bigger."

  I stopped to think for a few seconds. It was obvious he missed someone close to him.

  "Do you think if you saw your mom again that hole would be filled?" I asked him.

  "My mother!?"

"Yeah, I know you love her and you haven't seen her in years."

"I've never thought about it."  He said scratching his head.

  "But I cant. She can't remember I exist." He said turning to me.

"I'm not telling you to go against the rules,  but I think your mother would love to remember she has a son."

  He stared at the floor for a while. He looked as if he was thinking deeply about something.

  "I don't know Emma. It could go so wrong." He said shaking his head.

  "Or it could go so right."

  "But, how will I explain everything to her. It's been more than ten years Emma. What if she gets scared of who I am?"