Chapter 9

Alexander's POV

"I've never seen anything like this in my entire existence on this planet." My father said in disbelief.

"I'm thinking the same thing brother." Uncle Calius replied.

They were talking about the event today but my mind was on Emma. I was wondering if she was okay, I couldn't stop thinking about her. I felt guilty for leaving her alone after what she went through that morning.

I'd never thought about someone that much before.

My uncle came to handle some business he and my dad had to deal with. I never interfered because their meetings were boring, old fashioned and long.

"Got that Xander!?" My uncle said suddenly.

"Uh?!"

"Where are you Xander?!" My uncle asked.

"I'm right here!" I replied.

Both my dad and uncle laughed, and I knew exactly what they were laughing about.

They explained a couple things to me and finally allowed me to leave.

I was so grateful for my release that I left the room immediately after they said I could leave.

I sprinted into my room hoping to see Emma but she wasn't there.

I wasn't too worried though because I then remembered she was with my sisters. I could hear their laughters from the balcony.

I took a long shower and cleared my thoughts. The long shower lifted the heavy weight I had been carrying on my shoulder.

I couldn't bother to dry my hair so I ran the towel through it. I dried my body got dressed and headed for the balcony.

I wanted to join the conversation because everyone sounded happy. I wanted to laugh with them too and ease my mind.

I was about to join the conversation when I was bombarded by my sisters in the hall.

"Xander, how are you tonight  big brother?! Esther said with an mischievous smile.

"Yeah, how are you?!" Lydia added.

I didn't know why they were smiling like this but I had a feeling it had something to do with Emma.

I ignored them and walked pass.

I walked right through the wall of the balcony. Immediately after I walked into the room I saw Emma. She looked lost in thought.

"Are you okay?" I asked her as I walked closer to her.

A startled Emma turned around to face me.

"W...what are you doing here? I didn't hear you come in."

"I can walk through walls too!"

"Oh, that's a cool ability!" She replied with a smile.

  "Do you think that I can do it too?"

   "Yeah, you have my name on your back." I answered running my fingers through my hair.

I walked closer to her and she stood up. We both turned to look at the view over the balcony.

"Are you okay Emma?"

"Yeah I'm fine, I was here with your sisters but they left. I just wanted to sit here for a while and collect my thoughts."

"Okay. You like the view?"

  "It's amazing."

I turned to look at me. "It really is."

"So how do you feel about what happened today at the ceremony. Are you still shaken up?" I  asked.

"I don't know, I'm still trying to understand what happened."

"Let's leap from this balcony and end our problems."

She stared at me in disbelief.

  "What?!"

  "I'm joking.''

  "Jumping off a balcony won't kill me. Plus I do it all the time just for fun. I always end up on my feet."

  "By the way you look beautiful without makeup!" He said.

  "Thank you. Wait, are you saying my makeup is horrible?

Her question took me by surprise and I couldn't help but stare at her.

"No, no. You're beautiful with or without makeup. I'm just saying you don't have to wear makeup at all.

  She began blushing and looked away from me.

   The way she reacted made me wonder  if she had ever been complimented before

I was so caught up in thought that I didn't even realize how close we were. She was so intoxicating.

   I wanted to kiss her but there was something else. There was a strong desire to taste the blood pumping in her veins. My feelings confused me and the smell of her blood mimicked grapes.

I could hear her heart thumping against the wall of her chest. I could see the Jugular vein in her neck transferring  blood to and from her head. I wanted to rip it out but I also wanted to kiss her. "What is wrong with me?!" I wondered.

  My breath hitched and my fangs became visible. She closed her eyes and I was thankful for this because my pupils turned light blue and I knew that if she saw this she would immediately run away.

  I was confused. I knew that she wanted me to kiss her but I knew that if I did we both would regret it.

I knew that if I kissed her I would immediately move away from her lips and to her neck. I knew that I would drain every drop of blood from her body, I knew it.

It took every strength in me to turn away. I had to fight myself. I sunk my  fangs into my lips so I could suppress the growing urge.

  Blood, it's every vampire 's week spot except for us true Fains. I'd never tasted blood before and never wanted it before then, but not just any blood Emma's blood. The kind that smelled strongly of fresh sweet grapes.

I dug my fangs deep into my lips and turned away in pain. I couldn't face her. Not like that.

"Alexander, are you okay?!" She asked. I felt her  stepping away from me alittle.

I couldn't turn to face her. So I remained where I was.

  "I'm gonna go back to the room. I'm not feeling too good." She said after a short silence.

"Okay, I'll be in soon." I replied forcing the words out.

I felt terrible but I just couldn't scare her away from me anymore. I was also scared that I would hurt her and I didn't want that to happen. I'd never felt that way before, so I didn't know what else to do. I stayed on the balcony for the rest of the night to make sure I was safe enough to be around before I be around her again.

  After an hour of  making sure I had whatever that feeling was under control I walked back to the room and tried my best  not to wake Emma who was asleep in an odd position on the couch.
*******************************************
I hope you enjoyed😁😁😁😁

See Alexander is not so bad after all. He's a good guy. I guess 🤣🤣🤣😪

Please remember to vote,comment and share.

I can't know if you guys are interested if you don't do the above coz that's the only way I'm motivated to update 😌
🙂

I try my best to interact with my readers so if you leave a comment I'll answer in minutes...Thanks😊

  💜💜PUrpl3 lOv3 💜💜