Chapter 2

Emma's POV

I stood beside the bed silently processing what he'd just said. I stared at him blankly hoping I had heard him incorrectly.

   "What do you mean?!'' I asked almost choking from fright.

   "There are more things that  I need to tell you but you have to listen to me." He replied trying to calm me down.

  I walked to the glass door quietly,  trying to figure out how to prepare for what he was about to say.

   "I'm a vampire, but I'm not like the men who tried to attack you. There are two main types of vampires in the world, the Gloans and the Fains."

  "The Gloans see humans as nothing but walking blood bags and slaves. They don't agree with the fact that you are all free living beings."

"The Fains on the other hand, we have different beliefs from the Gloans. We believe humans deserve to live freely and happily without being terrorized."

  His words caught my attention, so I walked over to him with curious ears.

  "The Fains and the Gloans have been in battle since the day they came about. The Gloans are always trying to invade our territory with failing attempts to conquer our Kingdom.'' He said folding his arms.

"My father has been king for centuries, but  the time for him to step down is drawing near.  He is expected to give the throne to his eldest son, me."

"This seems interesting and all but I still don't know why I can't leave!" I said trying to sound as calm as possible.

He sighed and made eye contact with me.
  "As the soon to be king of the Fains, the 109th rule in the book of laws says if you rescue the Posytyve it is your duty to protect her until she finds her way to her throne. By then the Posytyve will fully understand her duties and be able to fulfill them."

  The word 'Posytyve' sounded familiar and I thought hard to remember when and where I'd heard it. My eyes popped open when I finally remembered.

  "One of the strange men from the night before said that same word to the others while they were talking about me."

"What's a Posytyve?" I questioned.

"You aren't entirely human. You are half human, half energy." He responded.

  "Half energy? No! You've got the wrong person." I replied.

  He raised his eyebrows but remained silent. I could see he was thinking about something, but I didn't know what it was.

  The blood of the Posytyve maximizes the abilities of all the supernatural beings that exist. People with your blood type are born in the war age, but you are the last Posytyve. If the Gloans get the right amount of blood from you everyone will be in danger." He continued.

  This sent numerous chills up my spine.

The Alexander guy silently watched me stare at the floor wishing I was dreaming. I wanted to pinch my arm and wake up from that terrifying nightmare. I wished it was all just a bad dream, but it wasn't.

"I know this is really hard for you to deal with. You can ask me any question you want an answer to. It is my responsibility to answer them for you." He said unfolding his arms.

"So, why can't I just go home to my family!?" I asked looking at him.

   "The Gloans are after you because your blood is very powerful and you will be very useful. They will use your blood type to track you so if you go back to your home you will put your family and yourself in great danger. If you're not there they can't enter your house not even if they are invited in. Your family is safer without you there. We have trained guards and mass technology along with weapons here, so you will always be safe here with us.'' He answered.