Chapter 37

Xander's POV 

  "Emma, wake up." I lightly shook Emma who was fast asleep.

  Waking her was like an impossible mission. No matter what I did she would just roll over and brush me off.

  I tried one last time. I decided to leave her if she didn't wake up. I patted her neck and her eyes slowly opened. She yawned then sat up.

  "Hey sleepy head." I said smiling at her.

"Hey!" She said while stretching.

  "It took me forever to wake you."

  She rubbed her eyes, then stretched again.
"Yeah, I'm not a light sleeper."

  She looked down at my clothes and realized, I was dressed to go out.

  "Where are you going?" She asked.

  "I decided to take your advice. I'm going to see my mom." I told her.

"Your mom? You mean you're going to the other side!?"

"Yeah, I am. I woke you so you could come with me if you want to."

  She turned to look out the glass door. The rain was pouring, and made tapping noises on the steps at the side of the balcony.

  "But it's raining. How will we travel in the rain!?"

  "It's the perfect time Emma. I'll tell you how it works later.

  "Does your father know about this!?" She asked.

  "He doesn't, but I think I need this." I replied.

  "Okay I'm coming with you. Just let me get dressed for the weather."

  She slid off the bed and stretched her arms again making the night gown she had on rise with her arms. While she got dressed I walked to the kitchen to make us breakfast.

  "I made you breakfast." I told her walking in with the food.

  "Thank you." She said taking the tray.

   We sat on the bed and began eating. The rain poured loudly outside and it made inside chilly.

Emma ate the toast slowly as if savoring it. I watched her pick the tomatoes from her plate and put them to the side. The face she made while doing it cracked me up inside. I wanted to laugh but I kept it in.

"You don't like tomatoes?" I asked.

"Hate em!" She replied.

  "I didn't know that. You should've told me before so I could've added more."

  She looked up at me and rolled her eyes playfully.

  "Real slick Alexander."

  She took up the cup of coffee and finished it in one go.  She then placed the cup on the tray and closed her eyes.

  "Are you okay!?" I asked her concerned.

  "This is so good! Do you cook with magic!?"

"I don't think I do." I replied trying to hide how ecstatic I was at her compliment.

"It's just toast and eggs and I'm in love with it. Why do you hardly cook?"

  "We have chefs and they're good at their jobs."

  "I think you're better at it." She said taking the last vegan sandwich from my plate and eating it.

"Are you trying to bribe me into cooking for you everyday!?" I joked.