Chapter 10

Alexander's POV

  It had been weeks since I'd seen Emma. I was longing  to hear her voice but I didn't even have access to her where she was.

  My father and uncle took her to the Potion kingdom  to get her health checked so there would be no faults that would hinder her transformation.

  I had been having dreams about her, the strange thing about them all was that they  always ended up with her walking away from me.

   I remembered so vividly the dream I had the night before.

   We were slow dancing by the ocean. She was wearing a white dress that swirled with every move she made.

  Her eyes moved from mine and before I could pull her close to me she stopped dancing with me and walked away.

I was still puzzled and wondered what the dream was about.

   All I could think about was her and it was driving me crazy. I wanted her to be close to me so I could protect her.

  "Xander!?"

  I turned my attention to the door to see who called my name.

  "Alya?!" I said shocked.

Alya was the first female vampire I'd  ever dated. She lived in the neighboring kingdom when we were younger. She was the only person outside my family that called me Xander.

She was the only person that saw my vulnerable side and knew how much of a soft soul I was. I let my guard down around her and told her things I'd never told anyone. She was the only female that I felt a connection  with.

On the day of her father's death she left without saying goodbye. She moved away to her uncle's kingdom and I never saw her again.

"Is this really you? What are you doing here?" I asked in shock.

"I see you haven't changed abit Xander."

     I watched her slowly step into my room, her heels kissing the floor with each step she took.

She looked different. I noticed she gained some weight and was curvier than when I last saw her. Even the blind could see that she was enjoying her knew life.

She was dressed in a blue crop top and jeans. She walked over to my couch and sat close to me.

Her daring blue eyes met mine and I smiled. Her eyes were my favourite part of her body, there was always something about them that drew me closer to her.

"I missed you, I'm really sorry I didn't say goodbye." She said sitting beside me.

She crossed her legs and placed her hands on her knee. "There was a lot going on, my uncle was being overprotective since I was the heir of my father's throne."

"By the way I'm queen now!" She said smiling proudly.

I couldn't help but laugh at how childish she looked.

"I'll never call you your highness or queen, Alya you'll always be Alya to me." I told her.

She leaned back and chuckled. "We'll see!"

We say for a few hours catching up on each other's life. She still hadn't found a king yet and it didn't seem as if she was looking for one.

   The more we got deeper into conversation the more I started to remember how I felt about her. I remembered the way she looked at me while we talked about getting married when we were younger.