Chapter 16

Emma's POV

   A towel was wrapped tightly around my waist and my clothes had been changed.

I looked around the room. I recognized it immediately. I was finally home, in Xander's room.

I didn't know how to feel about it, but it was better than where I was before.

"Emma are you okay?! I brought you breakfast." I heard a familiar voice say.

I slowly sat up to face him.

He came close to me and sat on the edge of the bed. I pulled the sheets over my legs feeling embarrassed. I didn't say anything because I had morning breath.

He stared at me in confusion. Before he could speak I rushed off the bed and headed for the bathroom. Showering, brushing my teeth and doing my hair.

I looked down and realized I hadn't brought any clothes along with me.

"Shit!" I cursed.

I then remembered that I had placed shorts, a T-shit and underwear in the drawer. I dried off, put them on and walked back to the room.

Xander looked up at me.

"You've been in there for ages. Do you believe you'll always look your best?" He asked chuckling.

I only looked down at the floor.

"Please come over here, we need to talk. Plus the food is getting cold!" He continued.

I slowly walked back to him and sat on the bed. He moved closer to me and I felt a shock in my body.

"Aren't you going to eat?!" He asked motioning to the food.

I took it from him and started eating. He watched me before speaking.

"Where were you?! What  happened to you?! I was so worried about you. I spent sleepless days and nights searching for you."

I continued eating in silence I wanted to finish the food but I lost my appetite.

I swallowed the bit of toast before putting another piece in my mouth while I stared blankly into nothingness.

  "Are you okay?" Xander asked snapping me out if thought.

  He placed his palm on my shoulder causing me to flinch. This made him even more concerned, I knew that because of the way he looked at me. His eyes briefly moved from my face to my arm where the bruises were.

  His eyes then moved to my legs and examined every bruise that was there. He then tucked my hair behind my ear and saw the small scars on my cheek, neck and ear tip.

I sat still with my eyes glued to the floor.

"Is there more that I haven't seen?!" He asked lifting my head and staring into my eyes.

  I didn't want to speak so I lifted my T-shirt with his help. I expected  him to freeze when he saw my back and he did.

  "Who did this to you?!" He asked  lightly tracing each scar with his index finger.

  I remained silent. I remembered what Shaun told me while he held me captive. "Don't you even think about telling your precious boyfriend Xander about this  or your family who are really good friends of mine will suffer greatly."