Chapter 36

Xander's POV

"So, you're telling me you were the rebel in the family?" I  asked.

    She put a piece of steak in her mouth and smiled.

"When I was younger. My sister was the good child. She's older so, I guess it was expected of her. I was the youngest and I got away with a lot of things. When I was old enough to realize that, I used it to my advantage ."

"So what, now it's the other way around?" He questioned.

"Exactly. You took the words from my mouth. She does two times more damage than I did. When I look back at what I did, it wouldn't even count if you compared them to the things she does."

  "So what changed you?" I asked smiling.

  "Puberty." She said chuckling.

  "I wonder what it would've been like if I knew you then."

She rolled her eyes playfully and laughed.

"You'd hate me. I guarantee it."

We both laughed at her statement.

"I think not. I think I was worse." I told her.

  "What do you mean?" She asked.

  "When I found out I was different I may have gotten way too excited about it."

She stared at me patiently waiting to hear what I did that was so bad.

  "I used to beat up kids at school a lot. They were bullies so they deserved it anyway." I told her.

"Nooo!" She said in a shocked tone.

"Yupp!"

"I don't know what I would've done if I knew I had supernatural powers." She said smiling.

  "Trust me. It's a good thing you didn't know because if you did. It would've consumed you."

"Consume me!?"

  "Yeah, you're half energy Emma. If I didn't teach  you to control it, your human side would've just vanished." I told her.

  "Oh my gosh! Now I don't regret meeting you."

  "You did!?"

  "I meant that as a joke."

"Emma you have to stop with these jokes. They're cheesy."

  She stopped laughing and stared at me.

  "They're what!?"

  "Cheesy!"

  "Do you even know what that means!?" She asked in shock.

  "Do you think I'd sit and wait for you to tell me!?" I said laughing.

  She only chuckled and stared at me.

"Have I told you how beautiful you look tonight?" I asked her.

Her cheeks flushed when our eyes met. I liked to see her that way.

"Actually, you haven't." She replied.

  She placed her forefinger on her cheek as if thinking about something.

"Pardon such rudeness your highness."

"Oh stop it Xander, you're too flattering." She replied fanning me away.

She turned her head away from me, giving me enough time to launch my plan.

I took the ring box from my pocket and held it under the table before Emma turned her attention back to me.

I cleared my throat before taking a deep breath.

"Remember what I asked you earlier?"

"What do you mean?"

"Before we got here."

She looked away and I knew she remembered. I got down on one knee and took her hand.

"I've been thinking about it alot Emma, and I've decided that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I don't know what lies ahead of us but I know that we've made it through a lot since the day we met till now. I love you Emma and I can't imagine my life without you. Will you marry me?"

    I focused on her eyes anxiously waiting for her to say yes. That was the only word I wanted to hear her say in that moment. My heartbeat increased as I waited in anticipation.

Emma stared at me as if she was about to cry. She gripped my finger and silently stared at the ring in the box.

The wind blew in from outside and loosened a strand of her hair.

"I....I....Ye....yes....yesss!" She replied trying her best to hold back her tears.

Words couldn't  explain how I felt in that moment. The silence had me doubting everything and wondering if she'd even want to get married to me.

I released her hand and took the diamond ring I made for her from the box and placed it on Emma's finger. The tears she was holding back began to flow from her eyes uncontrollably while she stared at the diamond on her finger.

"I love you Emma. I always will."

  A tear rolled down her cheek and I wiped it away then kissed her cheek.
"I never thought I'd be engaged at eighteen."

"You're twenty one now Emma. Does being here really make you loose track of time?"

"I'm twenty one!?" She covered her mouth  with her hands and gasped.

  "Okay Emma, now you're being over dramatic."

  I got up from my knee and helped her up. She smiled and wrapped her arms around my neck. 

"You know, you chose the wrong person to get engaged to."

  "Why do you think so?" I asked confused.

  "You need a wife who is-"

  "You. I need a wife who is you Emma. There's no other woman in this world who could fill this gap you were meant to fill.

  "Are you scared?"

She turned her head away from me and sighed.

"You are scared."

"You don't have to be scared.  I promise to make you happy. Nothing can change my mind about you, I love you Emma. You have nothing to worry about."

I placed my hand around her waist and drew her closer to me. Her body relaxed and I knew she believed me.

  "This ring looks so good on my finger." She  said examining the ring.

"In a few weeks you'll be Mrs. Aims. I can't wait to kiss you everyday."

  "That's why you proposed to me? So you can kiss me everyday?" Emma asked.

  "I'd be stupid if I didn't make you my wife Emma."

   "I can't wait Mr. Aims." She replied hugging me close to her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End