Chapter 7

Emma's POV

I spent the evening with Alexander's sisters. They were more fun than I expected. We drank crystal wine and talked about female things.

"So are you into Xander?" Lydia asked changing the topic completely.

"I...I...umm...well...I wasn't thinking about it to be honest." I stuttered.

The two women stared at me. I looked away trying to avoid the conversation.

They both began laughing and I felt embarrassed.

"Somebody's in love!" Esther teased.

I didn't move my eyes away from the floor.

They both leaned closer to me and my breath hitched.

"I'll have to tell Xander about what we'd just witnessed." Lydia said smiling.

Esther leaned back in her seat. "I agree!"

I remained silent. I wanted to run away but I would just conclude their suspicions.

They finished their drinks and stood up.

Esther stretched and turned to us. "I'm abit tired!"

"Me too." Lydia replied.

Lydia turned to face me. "See you around Emma."

"Yeah, sure." I replied.

They walked off and closed the door behind them. I sighed in relief and Alexander's face flashed in my mind.

"Are you okay?" I heard a familiar voice from behind me.

   I looked around and my eyes met Alexander's. It was visible that he'd showered because his hair was damp.

"W...what are you doing here? I didn't hear you come in." I said.

"I can walk through walls too."

"Oh, that's a cool ability!"

  "Do you think that I can do it too?"

   He ran his hand through his damp hair and smirked. "Yeah, you have my name on your back."

He came closer to me and I stood up. We both turned to look over the balcony.

"Are you okay?" He asked turning to me.

"Yeah I'm fine, I was here with your sisters. They just left actually. I just wanted to sit here for a while and collect my thoughts."

"Okay. You like the view?"

  "It's amazing."

He turned to look at me. "It really is."

"So how do you feel about what happened today at the ceremony. Are you still shaken up?" He  asked.

"I don't know, I'm still trying to understand what happened."

He looked as if he was thinking about something.

"Let's leap from this balcony and end our problems." He said breaking the silence. My eyes popped open.

  "What?!"

  "I'm joking.''

  "Jumping off a balcony won't kill me though. I do it all the time just for fun. I always end up on my feet. You're a supernatural being so you wouldn't die from that either. By the way you look beautiful without makeup!" He said.

  "Thank you. Wait, are you saying I don't look beautiful in makeup?"

He seemed shocked at my question.

"No, no. You're beautiful with and without makeup. I'm just saying you don't have to wear makeup at all."

  I struggled to keep my breathing steady. "Is it because he's really close to me or because of his compliment?" I wondered. I looked up at him and our eyes met.

My heart was thumping against my chest by this point. He touched my arm and my eyes closed. I hardly controlled that reaction at all. My body tensed and my eyes remained closed.

  To my surprise nothing happened. After a few seconds I slowly opened my eyes and embarrassment decorated my face like icing on a cake.

  Alexander's back was turned to me. I could see that he was taking deep breaths, but I didn't know why.

"I must've looked so stupid." I thought to myself.

  "Alexander are you okay!?"

  He didn't turn around. He remained silent with his back turned to me.

  "I'm gonna go back to the room. I'm not feeling too good." I told him.

"Okay, I'll be in soon." 

I rushed to his room with tears of embarrassment welling in my eyes.

  "What was he going to do?! Was he going to hurt me?" I wondered.

  I laid on his couch and stared at the ceiling. "Did he feel an urge to hurt me? Did he turn away because he was resisting the urge to hurt me?" Questions clouded my mind.

Tears were flowing from my eyes at that point. "I miss my family. I want to go home!" I said between sobs.
********************************************
The end

I hope you enjoyed

Please don't forget to vote ,comment and share if you enjoyed this chapter.

A lot has happened in Emma's life so far. I wonder what is ahead of her.

Do you want a Alexander's POV to find out why he turned away? Let me know in the comments.

💜PUrPle LOv3💜