Chapter 6

Emma's POV

We arrived at a huge garden that stood behind the kingdom, where  the ceremony was supposed to be held.

That was the day I got all the answers I needed and was sworn into the kingdom officially. I didn't know how to feel, everything  was happening too fast.

I thought vampires were dark and evil carnivorous creatures that hated humans and anything beautiful but all along I only heard stories about the Gloans. I didn't even know vampires were real or even classified in groups.

  I admired the garden. It was beautiful, healthy flowers were planted all around. I looked up at the sky, the  sun was up but I felt chilly.

"You're shivering." Alexander said lightly squeezing my arm.

"It's kinda cold." I replied sitting closer to him.

He gave his jacket to me and placed his arms around me. He was a real gentleman.

   His body temperature was really warm, this felt odd because vampires didn't give off warm temperatures. "Or is that a myth too?" I wondered.

We sat on a chair that was made from tree branches, fresh leaves and cotton. It was the most comfortable seat I'd ever sat on.

I sat anxiously awaiting the start of the ceremony, I also felt nervous. I didn't know if it was the fact that Alexander was sitting really close to me and hugging me or that i didn't know what to expect from the ceremony.

The Fains and other supernatural creatures that sat behind us were  calm and collected but they scared me a whole lot. Xander was the only person I felt comfortable around so I clung to him.

Lydia sat across from us, she was wearing the  most beautiful blue dress I'd  ever seen. Pink crystals made a heart at her chest and sealed the edges of the dress tail. Her hair was neatly boxed braided and shone in the sun light. She winked at me and I smiled at her.

Esther wore a neatly made bun and did her edges perfectly. She wore a white mini dress with purple glitter all over it. Esther slapped Dane's head because he told her one of her fangs broke and that she looked like a hungry Seal.

I liked the girls, but Dane was scary. The worst thing someone could've done was put me alone in a room with him.

  The king walked in and all talking seized. He looked, younger and refreshed. I couldn't help but wonder how old he was.

A crown made of a tiny chunks of gold sat on his head.  He was dressed in a  royal clothing and his hair was neatly combed, as always. I heard some of the female vampires that sat behind me whispering to each other about Xander's father.

"I'd give anything to be his queen!" One said sighing.

Another shook her head in agreement.

"He's the most mesmerizing male in this castle, with his son Xander following behind of course!" She said looking as if she was about to faint.

He greeted the kingdom with a long speech that had me nodding off to sleep. I felt embarrassed because everyone else stared and listened  intently.

I looked up and was surprised when I saw Alexander's head leaning forward with his eyes closed.

He was already sleeping and the ceremony had just started. I chuckled as I watched him in amusement. His bottom lip hung and he still had one arm around me 

I looked around to see if anyone saw him. Everybody's eyes were glued to the king. I poked his arm and he opened his eyes.

As his eyes slowly opened his pupils glistened. It changed from light yellow to a light grey colour with a small trace of light blue before coming back to normal again.