Chapter 39

Emma's POV

"The wedding is in a few weeks and I wake up everyday feeling like it's tomorrow." I told Xander who was busy sorting out the guest list.

"I feel the same way Emma." He replied.

"How many people will be coming!?"

"So far I have three hundred on the list already." He answered.

"Wow! Hey Xander do you think my grandmother would come? She was the Posytyve before me so she must've known that I'm the last."

Alexander looked up at me from his desk. He placed his pen on the book and entwined his fingers.

"I've been thinking about that all day. I didn't want to suggest it to you because I didn't know how you would've reacted."

"Oh! You should've said it."

"I know that now."

"How could we find her though? She left our home years ago."

"Finding her isn't what you should be worrying about. That's the easy part. It's explaining to her that we'll be getting married, that's the hard part."

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"Remember what was written in the books?"

"Yeah, but aren't we not connected to each other like that anymore?"

"We aren't, but your grandmother doesn't know that Emma."

"I could explain it to her. Wait have you met her before!?"

"Of course I have. She was the Posytyve before you." Xander replied.

I was confused. Xander explained the Posytyve concept to me before but I still didn't understand it.

"Please explain it to me again. How many Posytyve were there before me?"

Alexander got up and walked over to me. He then sat beside me on the bed and began speaking.

"Before you, there were three Posytyves. Your grandmother, your great great grandmother and Angelina."

"So all the Posytyves were chosen from my family?" I asked.

"The two before you." Xander replied.

"There has been supernatural wars here on this side of the earth for centuries. There was a time when being a vampire was one of the lowest ranks of the supernatural civilization. The Oglars were the dominators of our world. They treated all other supernaturals badly and there was nothing they could do about it."

"Really!? I didn't even know Oglars existed." I said in shock.

"Yeah, they did. So, out of the blue a human astronaut ended up here by mistake. Because the Oglars weren't very smart the barrier between the human world and the supernatural world wasn't built strong enough to separate the two."

He got up from beside me and went to take a photo album from the top drawer at his desk. He walked over to me and placed the large book on my lap. He opened the book and flipped through the pages as he spoke.

"That's an Oglar." He said pointing to a tiny fairy looking creature on the page.

I stared at it not believing my eyes. When I first heard the name I was thinking of a gigantic and hideous looking beast, but instead I saw a tiny being that resembled a human but with wings.

"That's an Oglar!?" I asked shocked.

"Don't allow the size to fool you." He replied.

He turned the pages again and a human size version of the Oglar I saw before was on the page.

"Whoa!" I exclaimed.

"So they can shrink and get bigger!? I asked staring at the picture.

"And a lot more." He told me.

He removed the book from my lap and straightened my skirt.

"Though the Oglars were powerful creatures they feared humans. When the astronaut arrived here she thought she was crazy. I don't know the full story because I wasn't there, but the books say she fell inlove with a Fain, the first king of the Fains, king Anguse. Together they fought against the Oglars. They then got married and had a child. That child is the first Gloan. The Orglars that escaped joined forces with him and became his messengers."

"Oh! So the thing that broke in here and stabbed me was a Oglar!?" I asked shocked.

"Yes that's what they look like now. They had to cut their wings and be turned. The process only made them more repulsive than the Gloans."

"I agree." I said in disgust.

Xander nodded then continued his story.

"Because Angelina and king Anguse shared a romantic connection, his magical powers were duplicated and transferred to her. That's how she became the first Posytyve. They were expected to defeat their son to save their kingdom but their love for him caused them not to. He was heartless and burned their entire kingdom to ashes while they were inside."

I couldn't believe my ears.
"What!?"

"Gloans don't have emotions. They are the perfect example of what happens when magic, power and greed gets to your head." He replied.

"I'd like to hear the story of the Posytyve before me someday."

"You will." Xander replied.

Alexander got up and stretched. He then walked back over to his desk and straightened the papers.

"Do you still want to invite your grandmother to the wedding!?" He asked.

"It's worth the try."

"Okay. I know where she lives. Do you want me to take you there?

"Right now?" I asked.

"Yeah.

"Okay. Take me there." I told him.

"Wait, Xander something has been puzzling me. If that was Shaun posing as your mother, where is she?" I asked.

"I have no idea. I tried looking for her when I got back but I didn't find anything. I know she's alive but I just cant locate her. It turns out she moved away from her house years ago."

I stared at him with wide eyes.

"So that means my mother went to visit Shaun all that time!?" I asked shocked.

"Unfortunately yes. He had been keeping an eye on you ever since he found out you were different. He was planning to kidnap you even before we met."

"So when I ended up in that rain forest it was like a dream come through for him?"

"Yeah. You landed right in his arms."

I didn't know how to feel or what to say. Xander's words left me speechless. He looked at me as if thinking hard about something.

"He's gone now Emma so there's nothing left to worry about."

I turned to look at him.

"What about his father!?"

"What about him?" He asked.

"Won't he come after us?"

"Emma you worry too much. You'll be okay." He said brushing me off.

"Wait. What about the house?"

"It was destroyed by magic. No one will remember it was even there." He told me calmly. He answered.

"Aren't you sad that your childhood home was destroyed?"

"Not really. I just want to see my mother again."

"You'll find her Xander. Don't worry about it." I told him.

"I know, I will. Come on. Let's go pay your grandmother a visit." He replied.