Chapter 31

Emma's POV

  "Who are they?!"A woman whispered hiding under a table in the room.

"The twins of the Fain and the Posytyve!" The  woman beside her whispered back.

  The room was dark and the only source of light was a small candle swaying in the heavy wind that was blowing. It puzzled me how the candle swayed in the wind but the fire on it stood still.

  I walked close to the women to ask them where I was and what was happening but before I could do so I felt two hands grab my waist and pull me backwards.

  "Let go of me!" I shouted.

The hands loosened from around my waist and I turned around to face whoever it was that grabbed me.

  Two teenagers stood before me. I stared at them not knowing what to do or say. It was as if I knew them but I couldn't recall from where or how I knew them. They stared back at me in shock as if they knew me too.

  "Mom!?" The girl shouted her eyebrows raising in terror.

"Mom, what are you doing here!?" The boy asked.

  "Mom!? I'm not your mother." I shouted.

   "Emma! Emma!"

  I opened my eyes as my body sprang up from the bed. I looked around trying to catch my breath.

   Xander held me as I sat up.

  "It's okay Emma. You're okay."

I didn't reply I just sat there trying to catch my breath.

  It took me a few seconds before I could breathe normally again. Xander tightened his grip on my hand and stared at me.

"What did you dream about?" He asked.

  I swallowed hard before answering him.

  "They called me mom, I don't understand!" I told him.

My thoughts were jumbled from what I'd just witnessed in my dream.

  "It's okay. I'm here with you."

He lightly rubbed my back and it relaxed my nerves.

  "Can you lay here with me for a while Xander?"

  "Okay."

  I moved over so he could lay beside me. He placed his head on the pillow and I laid my head on his chest.

  He began stroking my hair as I slowly placed my arm over his body.

  We laid like this for a few minutes before I broke the silence.

  "I still don't understand what exactly I just dreamt. I remember being in a dark room with some women hiding underneath a table. It was like I was in the middle of a war. I tried to get answers from the women but when I walked over to them someone pulled me from behind. When I turned around to see who it was I saw two teenagers a boy and a girl staring at me. The strange thing about this dream is that they called me mom, and I felt like I knew them from somewhere."

  Xander stayed quiet. He exhaled and stopped stroking my hair. I could feel that he was thinking about something.

  "What!? I had a dream that two teenagers, a boy and a girl helped me escape from being burned to ashes by Shaun. They also called me dad." He replied.

We both laid on the bed quietly not knowing what to say.

"What if it wasn't a dream?!" Xander suddenly asked.

  I sat up and looked at him.

  "What do you mean?!" I asked.

  "Remember we can't have children because they will become too powerful and try to end the world, or whatever the books say. What if this is like a vision of the future?"

  I stared at him not knowing what to say. He could be right though. It did seem like a vision and everything added up when I put it all together.

  "But why different visions?" I questioned.

"Maybe it's from the situations we'll be in at the time." Xander replied.

"Yeah, maybe it is a vision. But-"

"What's wrong?" Xander asked.

  I sat up quietly not wanting to answer.

  "Emma, tell me."

  "There's no point in our love if I can't-" I trailed off and hung my head.

  He sat up and hugged me from behind.

  "So that's what has been worrying you all along?"

He massaged my stomach and kissed my head.

"If you didn't have this dream I would've still been in the dark."  He said.

  I hung my head in embarrassment. I couldn't look at him.

  "Not because it's passed down from generation to generation it will happen to us. Have a little faith Emma. You're the love of my life, i'd do anything for you."

Xander paused and kissed me again.
   "So, you are thinking about having my child!"

  I didn't reply I was too embarrassed to speak. We'd only been dating for a few months and I was worried about not being able to have his child.

"If you've thought about having my child that means you've also thought about ha-"

  "No, I wasn't thinking about that Xander. I was just-"

"How do you even know what I was about to say?"

  I leaned away from him and sat up.  He sat up too and stared at me.

  "Stop staring at me. It's weird." I told him.

  "You're still shy aren't you?" He said playing with my hair.

  "I'm not."

"Prove it."

  Before Xander could do anything a knock on the door startled us.

  "Hey! Xander can we talk?"

  "It's Caitlyn. I'll be right back."  He said getting up from the bed and putting his shirt on.