Chapter 26

King Auther's POV

"Auther, Xander is a very foolish boy and he's only signing up for his downfall."

  I turned my head to look at the woman standing behind me. Her long black dress stuck to her as it was apart of her skin.  I always wondered how she was able to breathe in the kinds of clothing she wore.

I didn't notice my younger sister enter my room until she spoke. She always entered the palace  as if she was a thief. She had dyed her hair again, this time she was  blonde and looked younger than the last time I saw her.

I watched as she slowly walk inside the room and sit on my cotton sofa, beside the window she came through.

"Hello older brother! I see your life has been a wreck since I left." She said in her usual witchy tone.

She poured herself a glass of red wine, leaned back and crossed her legs.

"We have doors Clair! They were made for entering and leaving."

She chuckled and took a sip from the glass.
"Walking through a door? Where's the fun in that?"

"Clair, Why are you here?"

She faked pouted and shook her glass causing the wine to move around in a circular motion.

"Oh brother! Stop pretending you didn't miss your younger sister!"

"You bring destruction wherever you go, and I'm not up for any of your nonsense right now."

I walked away from her to close the window so she would use the door to exit like a normal person.

"Wow! You really do hate my guts."

I stood before the window staring at the mountain outside.

"News has been spreading that your son is breaking the rules of the land. Rules you and your forefathers implemented . That doesn't look good, the king's oldest son who is also  Heir to the throne not following the rules."

I turned around to face her. Her bare feet were on the table and her heels were under the table. The wine glass in her hand was almost empty but she still sipped from it as it it was enough.

She knew she wasn't supposed to put her feet on my table but I let her get away with it this time. She knew I wouldn't bother to reprimand her because this was something I would be interested in hearing.

"Oh, so you don't know? What kind of king are you if you can't even keep tabs on your own son? Your successor might I add."

She finished the glass of wine and burped loudly. She then stood up and moved around the room touching everything she passed.

  In that  moment I hoped she would choke on the sip she took. She looked up at me as if she knew exactly what I was thinking.

I was getting annoyed by her presence so I folded my arms and continued the conversation hoping she would leave soon.

"What are you talking about?"

"Let me give you an update. That Positive you have living here in your kingdom made Xander travel to Grey land. They went to heal Grey and lift the doom placed on him. This isn't how Posytyve's behave. They don't help traitors. That girl is bad for my nephew." She told me.

I nearly choked on my saliva. I stared at my sister not believing my ears. The room fell silent, and I was too lost for words to say anything.

"You see big bro, while you were here obviously not being the King you're supposed to be your son was following his instrument and not his brain. Chips really don't fall far from the block. How are you king of the Fains and this slid right under your nose!?''

"How dare you speak ill of my son and I!?"

"You see that's why you make such a terrible king. You have a smart mouth, a bad temper and no brain. You better put some socks on and pull them up or else someone more effective will take your place."

I couldn't help but laugh at her words. My  younger sister who was unstable on so many levels wanted to be queen. That was definitely something to laugh about.

"Who's gonna take my seat? You!?"

"Very funny Auther, but mark my words!" She shouted.

Before I got the chance to reply to her statement, she rushed over to my window, broke it, then jumped through it. On a regular day I would've been pissed but, I was too busy laughing to care.

I knew she would be off to no good. My sister was always the mischievous child. If she was really worthy of the throne it would've been passed down to her. That wasn't the case, so that was a perfect indication that she was bad news.

I sat on my table and collected my thoughts. "My own son betrayed me, my daughters are secretly meeting with humans and the Gloans are close to overpowering my kingdom. I really am failing at my duties." I thought to myself.

It had been a long day and it took my younger sister's harsh words to make me realize that I was failing at my duties as king. "What's happening?" I asked myself.

   I opened a draw from my desk to approve laws sent to me the day before. I didn't want to overthink while I was upset.
_____