Chapter 21

Emma's POV

  I sat still gripping onto Xander, hoping we would land soon. Every time the bird turned in the sky I clung onto his waist. He would only laugh and tell me how timid I was.

"We're in the sky why does the bird even have to turn?" I thought to myself.

  "This is the 21st century why can't we just travel in a private jet or something, aren't you Prince Emilio?" I asked.

Xander turned to look at me. It was visible he was surprised I called him by that name.

  My fellow travel buddies burst into laughter. Even Carissa was laughing at me.

  "How long have you been here?" Daina asked me.

I looked down at my hands in embarrassment. I didn't want to be laughed at anymore so I remained silent and ignored Daina's question.

  This didn't make them stop laughing at me though. It was obvious that I was silently wishing I had just kept my mouth shut, and this made the joke even funnier to them.

   I looked down and spotted an island, the bird turned and swooped down toward it. The bird was moving so fast that it felt like the wind and I were in boxing tournament.

  I closed my eyes and started to scream, it was too much to witness. I expected Xander to hold onto my hand but he didn't, and this made me even more terrified.

  "Emma, Emma! Why  are you still screaming!?" I heard Xander say.

I slowly opened my eyes, and my screaming stopped. I was standing on solid ground. The bird was gone and everyone was staring at me as if I'd lost my mind.

I looked over at Xander. He stood beside me staring at my face. I could see that he was fighting the urge to laugh.

  I hung my head and stared at the ground. I knew Xander had started laughing by that point.

He placed his right hand on my shoulder.
  "I like traveling with you. Let's travel together often." He said.

  I know he was mocking me and I was so embarrassed I wanted to punch him

He turned to look at the people traveling with us.
"Let's go guys!"

I silently followed him flustered. I didn't dare look up at him.

We stopped infront of a large tree that stood tall in the middle of the forest. It was the most beautiful tree I'd ever seen. It's leaves were green but the branches were light purple.

  The trunk had a light pink colour, and different types of flowers were planted all around it. Little butterflies fluttered around the flowers in happiness as if they were watering it.

  "Wow! It's beautiful!" I blurted out not realizing I was thinking out loud.

  "Meet princess Sara, guardian of the islands. Her duty is to guard the gates between the  human world and the supernatural world so humans never end up here unless we want the to."  Xander told me looking at the tree.

  "I hope he's not messing with my head." I thought to myself.

I was snapped out of thought by the tree moving. Not like a normal tree swaying in the wind. The roots were lifting from beneath the earth and the branches were going inward.

Xander gently pulled me away from the tree. I couldn't move away,  I was frozen in the spot. When I blinked the  tree was nowhere to be found, instead a lady stood in its place.

  I saw the entire transformation but surprisingly, I couldn't recall seeing it happen which was odd to me.

  The lady standing before us was the definition of beauty. Just looking at her made me question my appearance in a split second.

Her long curly hair had the same green colour as the tree leaves. Her skin was light brown and her brown eyes sparkled while she stared at Xander.

  She was wearing a light blue dress that would suffocate me if I ever got the chance to wear it. Pearls decorated the part of the dress that hugged her chest and waist line. The dress was short and the flowers that were planted at the root of the tree were at the tail. She had on a flower crown. The flowers around it were alive and looked fresh as if they were still planted in the ground.

  The tree lady stared at Xander with lustful eyes. It was as if looking at him made her reminisce.

  Jealousy and anger made it impossible for me to stand still and look at her. I knew I could do nothing about it. All I could do was stand there and watch her stare at my boyfriend like that. It was torture.

  "Emilio?!" She shouted in disbelief.

"It's been forever. I can't believe you're still alive!" She spoke in shock.

  Her words made me think of all the times I heard people saying they can't believe he was alive that day and calling him prince Emilio. I got curious and couldn't wait to ask him about it.

  "Yeah, It's me alive and well. How've you been Sara?!" He replied smiling at her.

She ran to him and hugged him. She hugged him so tightly, I knew he was struggling to breathe.

  I didn't want my other side to do anything I would regret so I stared at my hands hoping they would stop hugging soon.

  After the long embrace she turned to look at me. She was still smiling but I knew she wasn't happy to see me.

"I see you're traveling with a human!" She said looking me over.

"She's not just any human. She's more powerful than you and I combined. She's the Posytyve."

My heart fluttered when he spoke. He was speaking highly of me and it made me feel important, but I was still upset that he made that woman hug him like that.

"The Posytyve!? So there is hope for us after all." She replied.

  Her eyes darted over to Daina's stepmother.

  "I see you've brought the great Carissa,
Princess of distraction. What mess did my sister's, so called gifts get her into this time?"

  I was surprised when she said the word sister. "Were they really related by blood?" I wondered. But she's a tree, how could that be possible?"

Carrisa rolled her eyes but remained silent. I knew she wanted to say something but she kept glancing over at Xander and I knew she was scared she'd regret opening her mouth.

  "This isn't about a reunion with your sister. It's about her!" He said pointing  to me.

"I can't explain everything to you because I'm in a hurry. I need to get my Teec out so my father can't track us."

She looked at Xander suspiciously. I knew she was curious about why Xander wanted to remove his Teec.

Xander was about to say something when she interrupted him.

"I'll do it, but you'll owe me a favor."

She placed her hands around Xander's neck for a long while and used her index finger to make circles in his back. Xander closed his eyes then opened them again. She removed her hand from around his back and smirked.

"I know." He said with a straight face.

She blushed and ran her tongue beneath her top lip. This made me cringe in disgust.

"See you around Xander!"

Xander smiled at her then led us further into the forest.
************************************
Th3 3nd 💜
Hope you enjoyed this chapter😌
Don't forget to vote, comment, add and share.
💜💜