Chapter 24

Emma's POV

After I made the remedy and gave it to king Grey, I left the room to get some fresh air. I was hoping it would work and he would be okay  again. My grandmother would leave her patients after her work was complete so I did just that.

I got to a large door that had a sign with the words on it 'Library.' Out of curiosity I pushed it open and went inside.

I walked around looking at the large books stacked on the shelves. Some of them had bold titles while I could hardly make out the writings on others.

I saw a book with an interesting cover, and I tipped to reach it. Instead of reaching it my fingers missed and a large dark book beside it fell from the shelf and almost knocked me out.

I bent down to pick it up from the floor. I turned it over to the front and read the title. It read: The untold truth about Vampires Volume 1.

I immediately became curious. I opened the book and scanned the Table of Content.

I skipped to the page titled 'Sensies.'  The word looked  interesting so I wanted to know what it meant.

I sat down at one of the tables in the library and began reading the book. Sensies was the supernatural word used for being aroused.

The meaning of the word got me interested even more. I read that vampires are easily Sensied especially the males. There are three types of reactions. The book explained them all.

The first reaction is the shortening of the fangs. It shows that the vampires aren't in love. They're just excited for the moment.

The second reaction is increased body temperature. That happens when the vampire believes the other being could be love material.

The third reaction is the change in eye colour. When the pupils change from their original colour to another twice, in a row it means that the vampire is inlove. Whenever the vampire comes in physical contact with the other being all their feelings comes out in the eyes.

My mouth hung when I remembered how Xander's pupils changed from blue to light purple after he kissed me. "Does that mean he's? No, that can't be right." I said shaking my head.

I read more about vampires and realized that most of the things that were in movies and books were mostly about the Gloans and there still were things about them that were never even mentioned.

I wanted to finish reading the book but I had a feeling Xander was looking for me. I promised the book that I'd come back and finish it later then left.

I opened the heavy board doors that separated the library from the rest of the kingdom. As soon as the door opened Xander appeared before me with a worried look on his face.

"Hey, Xander."

He stared at me for a while before speaking.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm fine. I was just trying to read some books."

"Oh! A book worm I see."

I smiled and nodded then closed the door. Xander placed his arm around my waist and we walked off.

"Are you hungry?" He asked.

"I'm starving!" I replied.

"Dinner is ready, everyone is waiting for you. You had me running around the Kingdom like a crazy person Emma."

I followed him silently to the dining room. It had the same width as the dining room at Xander's palace. A silver chandelier hung from the ceiling and a red carpet covered the floor. A large glass table sat in the middle of the room.