Chapter 18

Emma's POV

I stared at the man walking toward Xander, I moved closer to Xander and squeezed his arm, I didn't know who the man was and I didn't want to be captured again.

The man got closer and stood before us. He moved his eyes from my face  to Xander's.

"Xander!?" He said.

  Xander walked over to him with wide eyes. They stared at each other silently for what felt like ages

  "You're alive!?" Xander shouted.

I watched them silently while they hugged each other with teary eyes.

It seemed as if they had forgotten that I was standing there. I stepped back a little so I didn't interrupt their moment. They noticed this and turned their attention to me.

"Emma this is D'angelo, my brother by my father's side. D'angelo  is a Igei.

  "An Igei, what's that?"

  "It's a supernatural with Fairy and Fain genetics."

My eyes popped open. I had no idea mixed supernaturals like that even existed.

"What?! How come you've never mentioned to me that you had another brother!?" I asked dumbfounded.

"It's a long story Emma, trust me." Xander replied.

I nervously turned my attention to D'angelo.
"Nice to meet you D'angelo." I said.

  "Same here."

"I know it's not my business, but are you guys dating?" D'angelo asked.

  Xander looked at me as if waiting for me to answer the question. I stared at him hoping I was wrong.

  "She's the Posytyve." Xander replied.

  "The Posytyve!?" D'angelo questioned in disbelief.

He turned to look at me with his eyes wide open.

  "That means-"

  "Yeah, war is coming." Xander said finishing his brother's sentence.

"Is she still in training!?"

  "Yes she is."

"Oh that means she knows I'm supposed to-"

  D'angelo stopped talking and saluted me.

  "Your highness. It is a pleasure to finally meet you."

  I smiled at him awkwardly. I wasn't used to being treated like that so it was odd for me.

  "So, where were you guys headed before now?" He asked looking back at Xander.

  "To the kingdom actually. You should come, you need to tell father and I about what happened all that time we thought you died and where you went." Xander answered.

  "Won't father be mad?"

  "Are you crazy? His son that he thought died is here, alive and well. Come on."

  We were all about to walk off when someone called my name. I turned around faster  to see who it was, because I recognized the voice. To my horror when I turned around to see who it was I saw Shaun standing behind us.

  He had his hands in his pockets and a malevolent grin on his face. He walked over to us trying to conceal the his limp, He didn't do a good job because we all noticed it.

"Emma! You think I would allow you get away that easily? You're mine, I claimed you, I own you. As long as you are not by my side I will hunt you until you are. Now get over here.  He shouted.