Chapter 3

Emma's POV

I walked slowly behind Alexander, careful not to twist my ankle and embarrass myself.

The hall we were walking through was long and had no doors except for Xander's room door. Real silver was embedded in each corner and the walls had three large mirrors lined out in the middle of the hall.

A large red carpet laid neatly on the floor covering it. I admired the neatness of the hall and looked at everything my eyes could catch.

I was scared and didn't know what to expect so with every step I took I did carefully.

"I know you are afraid but there's nothing to worry about. You're safe here with us." Xander said while he walked ahead of me.

His words surprised me because I was walking behind him. There was no way he could've known exactly how I felt.

"How does he know I'm scared?" I wondered to myself.

He stopped and turned to me.

"I know because your heartbeat is deafening at the moment!"

"How do you know what I'm  thinking? Can Fains read minds too?!" I asked dumbfounded.

A mischievous grin formed on his lips.

"You will  know everything tomorrow. All your questions will be answered at the ceremony.

He turned around and walked ahead of me again and I followed silently behind him. By that point my feet were aching as I walked on but I didn't want to be a burden so I didn't complain.

"I wonder if he has x-ray vision too." I thought to myself.

He chuckled and I had the feeling he knew exactly what I was thinking about.

"If only I had x-ray vision." He said laughing loudly.

He confirmed my suspicion, I was too shocked to speak so I remained silent and just stared at him back view.

We finally came to the end of the hall which seemed like it would never end. I was relieved because it felt like we were walking for days.

A large mirror, the size of a door stood tall before us. The edges of the mirror was neatly bordered with real flowers of all kinds. A sweet scent tickled my nose as we walked closer to the mirror.

"It's a portal only Fains and those with pure blood can enter." Alexander said.

I scanned the mirror with my eyes. To me it looked like an ordinary mirror.

"So what are we going to do now?!" I asked.

"Walk through it." He replied.

My eyes widened.

"We're going to what!?"

"Portals are a form of transportation here. We're going to walk through the portal to get to the dining room."

He was talking about something that was impossible in the human world. Something that only existed in supernatural movies.

He held my hand which was frozen by my side at that point.

"Ready?!" He asked looking over at me.

"Were you serious?!" I questioned shocked.

"Wrong answer!" He said lightly pulling me through the large mirror.

My body jerked at his sudden movement. I was terrified, my heart rate increased and I closed my eyes. I didn't even perceive that we were already on the other side of the room.