-Chapter22

Liberty’s P.O.V

“Well, at least everyone knows that you didn’t break Harry's heart,” Louis offers smiling as he flips through the magazine which with held the interview and all the pictures from Saturday.

“Yeah yeah, now can we go? I haven’t been to college in two weeks and I want to see Dave,” I state grabbing my pink and white striped denim backpack and slinging it over my shoulder, then give myself a once over in the mirror. Pink denim high waisted shorts, white sleeveless cropped top with the words ‘Wild Spirit’ written across the top in black with a feather underlining the words, and white TOMS. My hair left like I normally have it, wavy and centre parted with each side of the parting brought to the front of my body. I have skin tights on to cover my legs but I figured that the bruises on my arms aren’t too bad, and my makeup is doing a great job of hiding the bruises and cuts on my face, just like it normally does.

“I swear all you wear is shorts?” Louis points out looking down at my shorts,

“Louis it’s the summer, I could say the same with your TOMS, chinos and striped tops, but I don’t,” I poke my tongue out as I make my point. Sliding my phone into the back pocket of my shorts and take Louis’s hand so we can leave. This is probably the first time ever that I have actually wanted to go to college luckily for me; Louis asked Paul yesterday if he could go back to college to make sure I'm ok, and he agreed. Even though Louis won’t be in my classes, at least I will see him at lunch and break.

I still have to sit next to Harry, and I still have to bear the hour after hour of endless awkwardness with him. But I don’t care; I'm not going to let him get to me, not now. I have done what I wanted to do and it has worked; now I can just move on. Only talk to Harry when I have to, be sweet and nice to him but nothing else.

Lou and I walk down the street joking around, talking about when the next concert is, how it is so surprising that the fans around here don’t really go crazy for the boys. Dave is already at college and is waiting for me in the form room, oh I forgot, I have my old friend Mr. Anderson back, joy.

“I don’t know what to do about where to sit? Do I sit with you, or sit where I sat before on the first day.” I ask Louis, thinking about how awkward it will be to sit with Harry.

“Sit with me silly,” Louis smiles ruffling my hair a little, sending him a death stare and flatten down my hair as we approach the gates of the college. All the friendship groups are where the normally are, groups and groups of them, they all turn and stare at Louis and I as we enter the place.

“Don’t worry about it,” Louis whispers into my ear and takes my hand to try and hold my confident levels up. What happened that Friday night, the article about Harry and I, then the interview and photo shoot on Saturday, I don’t know it feels like they are just putting me in the lime light I guess. I take in a deep breath and try and make myself look confident as we walk up to glass doors of the entrance to the building.

The inside is just as busy as the outside, friendship groups filling the hallways and making it hard to walk down them. Louis walks first, grasping tightly onto my hand and pulls me with him, we finally make it to the door of our form room, a couple people banged into me but it didn’t hurt, the bruise don’t hurt no more, but I'm just waiting for them to fade, they are fading I mean I am only wearing one pair of skin tights and not like six.

“THE TOMMO IS DA HOUSE,” Louis hollers slamming the door open and all the people inside which was the boys and Dave with his mates, all turned and look at Louis like he is some sort of maniac, then they all laugh and return to their conversations, Louis continues to hold my hand and drags me up the row to the back of the classroom where the boys are.