-Chapter24

Liberty’s P.O.V

These words don’t look like much, but to me they mean a lot, you tell me you love me, you tell me you miss me, you tell me you’ve changed. But I don’t believe any of it, you think you love me, you think you miss me, you think you’ve changed, deep down we both know, you’re lying to yourself.

I read through the lyrics that Kylie came up with last night, when I went home last night, I tried to write some lyrics down but nothing came to me. Like writers block for song writing, if that can happen. I hum along a tune that I think I might go with the lyrics, memorizing the lyrics of by heart and trying different sorts of tempos, and rhythms.

I tap my hand against the table to keep the beat going inside my head as I sing to myself and try and figure out a tune. Quickly writing down the notes I would use on the piano and then the notes I would use for the guitar. I hand the paper to Harry and he hums the tune and then sings the lyrics. He looks over at me and nods his head with approval and smiles.

“Hey kylie, come with me?” I ask her, standing from my seat and holding out my head for her to take it so I can guide to the practice room and try it out on her voice. She smiles at takes it; I walk out the classroom and go to the practice room besides the door of the classroom. Locking the door behind me so no one comes in and distracts us, I hand her the piece of paper which contains the tune.

I walk over to the seat of the piano and find the notes that I will have to use to play the tune, “want to hear how it will go first, or you going to sing along straight away?” I look up from my hands to Kylie to see what she wants to do.

“Can you play it first?” she asks, and I nod my head then lock my gaze to my fingers. Counting to three in my head I push down on the keys of the piano, and then gently fly my fingers to the next set of notes, then to another and another. The cold ivory keys coming into the contact with the tips of my fingers as I make my way through the notes of the song.

I press the final key then look up at Kylie; she smiles and nods her head to tell me she is ready to start singing. Positioning my fingers back into the starting position, I press down and Kylie starts to sing the songs, making sure her voice fits the pitch of the music.

“You like it?” I questions her as I look up to her instead of the keys of the piano,

“Yeah I love it, I think it will sound better on just a piano and nothing else, don’t you think?” Kyle suggests, her Essex accent making her sound like she doesn’t have a clue what she is talking about, but she properly doesn’t. “Are you coming back to class?” she asks as she edges to the door of the practice room and unlocks it.

 “No, I'll stay here and try to adds some lyrics and words or something,” I tell Kylie, she just nods her blonde extended hair bouncing in the process, she walks out the room and then closes the door leaving me alone in the room.

I look around the room, posters about musical instruments and billboards fill the walls, making the room feel cosier and less empty then it actually is. I position my fingers back over the notes of the song and replay what I have I already wrote.

Then the door of the practise room opens and in comes Dave smiling like usual, he lifts his hand and waves it a little, I smile back and motion him to come and sit on the seat of the piano with me. He does that, I shuffle over so there is room for the both of us.