-Chapter41

I'm determined that this is all a joke, that I'm not being held hostage until these stupid men get their money and I'm not in the back BMW on the way to the crazy golf centre to meet Harry. What if this is all a joke? What if this is like some sort of TV programme and the fans are getting back at me?

Alessandro is sat next to me in the back seats of the car and the dad, which name I have learnt to be James, sat in the front driving the car. There is a light mumble whistling out of the speakers of the car where the radio is playing but is so low you can hardly hear it. it is slightly intimidating actually, because there is silence, the car engine is silent but is still running, the two men wont speak a word and I think the only sound besides the radio you can hear is my heart thumping against my ribcage with fear and terror.

It’s around 9pm, maybe a bit later and we must be ten minutes away from the meeting place, a total cliché kidnapping scene. The villains being late and all? One thing I do wish will be totally cliché? Is that maybe somehow, a miracle will happen and I will be freed without Harry having to pay the money.

I have been taken for 18 hours now, I wonder if Harry has called the police? Will he? I don't know I don't know if Harry is the sort of person. But if he has that will make the moment even more cliché, what if James and Alessandro get out the car and police attack him and get taken away?

What if....

I feel my blood pressure rising through the roof and my heart almost breaking my ribs with the thumps. I feel my entire body shake with fear, its weird in most films or in the news, the people get held for ages before they actually co-operate and hand the victim over, not wait a while and then hand them over. It seems to easy....

I look from the tinted window with the blurred images running past the window over to Alessandro, frown lines moulded into his forehead and his hair flat and un quiffed. His lips are pursed and his left leg is jittering, he hasn’t looked or even spoke to me since he hit me. Does he feel bad? A villain feels bad for the hostage? I don't think so.

I look over to James, his hands are clenched tightly to the black leather steering wheel, his fingers turning white they are so tight. His eyes are a single slit with no colour whatsoever to them, maybe a little, a shade of grey? He is dressed in a suit, GIORGIO ARMANI designed... the expensive kind, mind with all the money he must be earning off the interest, I'm not surprised. He is wearing a black blazer, shirt, trousers and shoes and a white tie,  the suit is not really helping the man out in the body area as it has made him look ten times bigger then what he really is.

The car comes to a sudden stop and brings me out of my reveries; I look out the tinted window of the locked door on my side. We are here... as in the crazy golf club, Harry's Audi R8 is over in the corner with him leaning up against the back bumper of the car.

He is dressed in a white polo top tight against his chest and torso and normal jeans with a black belt and black ALL STARS. Just seeing him makes my emotions jump all over the place, I want to run over to him and hug him,  I want to cry my eyes out that he had to do this for me but I also want to run, just run as far away from here as possible.

James opens the driver’s door and Alessandro opens his door, I guess the two men aren’t stupid because they both are now wearing GUICCI black sunglasses, to cover their eyes. I heave a sigh as Alessandro waits for me at his door, I slide across the back seats with my hands tied together tightly with rope.