-Chapter25

Liberty’s P.O.V

Somehow I have find myself, after college hours in the music room, still working on this stupid song. This is how I'm living my life right now, I don’t meet up with the boys, I don’t meet up with Dave or Andy, I don’t leave college until nine, ten at night. I want; no I need this project to be perfect even if it does mean me losing my life for a couple of weeks.

So this is how it goes, Media all day, I don’t go out for break, then after I college I stay, and it has been this way this Monday and it is Friday now, we have to hand in the project next Wednesday and by hand in, I mean perform to the class, and I can easily say I'm stressing about it. The boys come in at break and when they have free periods to help out, but I always end up spacing out and concentrating on the project and pay no attention to them. So I think the boys have gathered to just leave me.

I'm not making an effort on anything except this project, I come into school with grey sweets and a white tank top on, with minimal makeup on and my hair scraped up into a messy bun, that’s how much effort I'm putting into it. I'm working on the project when I wake up, at college then I come home and sleep, that’s all I do.

Harry has been trying to help, he doesn’t stay behind after school with me, but when we are in school and its lessons, he will come into the practice room and listen to what I have wrote. Harry is mainly working with Kirk and Kylie on their singing, as I tweak notes and chords.

Anyway, its eight at night on a Friday, I'm in the practice room which is basically my room right now, and I'm going through the song for the millionth, no wait billionth time this week. I keep making a mistake half way through, I can’t get my fingers quick enough to the note, which means that when Kirk and Kylie sing with it, I will fall behind and then the song goes wrong, and we fail the project.

Just thinking about failing after all the effort I have put on this project just makes my blood boil, sighing with exhaustion I take the hair band out of my hair and let my blonde locks fall down limply. I run my hand through it, and use my fingers as a brush, then scrap it back into and lose, messy bun like usual. My phone vibrates. Ignore it, I place my fingers on the notes and try a re-run of the song. Phone vibrates. Ignore it. Pressing down on the keys, then quickly onto another set, and then another. Phone vibrates.

Giving in deciding that I won’t be able to concentrate on the music if my phone is vibrating I stop what I'm doing and take it from my pocket. Before unlocking I decide that I can't afford to lose the time of checking phones, and place my phone back into my pocket, but then it vibrates again. I groan and then take it back out and unlock it in lightening speed trying to take up the least amount of time. 5 messages, 3 missed phone calls, 8 notifications from twitter and 4 notifications from facebook. Not even bothering to look at them because my phone vibrates again, but this time it is a phone call, Harry's caller ID pops up on my phone.

“Hello,” I mumble into the mic as I press the phone in-between my shoulder and ear, then noting down another note in my filled to the brim note book.

“Hey, where are you?” Harry cheerfully asks down the phone, ok I admit it, I may not date Harry, but somehow throughout this week I have managed to actually get along with him. This means actually talking and meeting up here without arguing.

“Where do you think,” I sigh as I start to worry that I'm losing time,

“Do you ever take a break?” he chuckles, I can just imagine him chuckling, looking down at his feet then looking up at the sky like he always does.