-Chapter40

I wake up to the sound of thumping foot steps echoing through the corridors and rooms of an unfamiliar house. I'm in a room, its enclosed... very enclosed, the walls are pure white and hurting my eyes just looking at them, the flooring is wooden planks, the very underlay of the floorings. There is a light bulb hanging over my head, with me tied underneath it.

When I say tied I mean, I'm tied to a wooden chair, my hands tightly fastened to the solid oak arm rests and the same with my feet but fastened to the legs of the chair. A dirty unpleasant tasting rag it tied around my mouth to stop me from talking. The depth of the tightened rag cutting into my skin, and making the experience even worse. A total cliché way to be kidnapped, just like in the movies, I guess this guys learnt from there.

A throbbing feeling starts from my right cheek area, then an aching sensation a curs in my jaw, that’s when I remember. Alessandro and his dad, them taking me into their car because I won’t give them to money, Alessandro punching me and then me blacking out.

All of a sudden the white painted oak door bursts open, slamming against the white wall behind it with such force that it chips the paint work. The dad, whose name I still don't know, is leaning against the door frame, his hair flopping down past his eyebrows.

“Ahh sleeping beauty woke up,” he coos walking over to me and then around me circling the chair I'm tied to, with his heads behind his back and looking at me with awe like I'm some sort of puppy. I try to respond but then realise that I have this rag stuffed in my mouth to stop me from talking. So my talking sounded more like humming.

“Now listen here blondie, I won’t hurt you along as I get what I want, and what I want is money. Your boyfriend is Harry Styles. Rich boy from One Direction, I want you to ring him up and tell him that if he doesn’t hand over my money then you will be shot, understood.” He sneers circling me one last time and then stopping dead in front of me, bending down so his face is level with mine.

His breathe stinks of weed and his eyes are blood short, extremely dilated, his eyelids semi closed around them. He stumbles around a little, with his balance lacking... a lot. I nod my head a little when the mans face turns more stern as if he is about to hit me.

“Good, well here is your phone, I will ring Harry take off the cloth and let you talk, you say one thing out of line that I haven’t let you say, I will hurt you and hang up, got it.” he snarls, I nod my head shakily and the man reaches behind my head and unties the rag.

Air rushes into my mouth as I suck in quickly to try and get rid of the horrible taste of the material, then I roll my lips into my mouth and lick the corners with my tongue to try and get them to stop burning.

“Right here we go,” he says smiling slightly, but in an arrogant way, I have to tell Harry that he has to hand over money otherwise I will be killed? What the hell, I don't want to do this and I don't want Harry to worry or even hand over the money for me.

The ringing vibrates out of the speaker on the corner of the phone as it is on loud speaker; ringing through my ears and making me want to cry. The stairs creak as another person comes up the stairs and then the quiff which belongs to Alessandro appears. He turns his head and looks at me, sympathy and guilt flooding his eyes; he looks away and walks into the room next to the room I'm in.

“Hello? Libby where the hell are you!?” Harry yells down the phone, desperation and panic echoing out of his mouth. The dad looks at me and nods, in a way of saying ‘this is your bit’. I take in a deep breathe and sigh, a tear leaks from my eyes and runs down my cheek, I look down at my knees and hold my breathe in hope the tears will stop falling.

“h-Harry,” I stutter trying to hold back the tears,

“Libby? Where are you, what’s wrong? Are you ok?” Harry cries down the phone, footsteps are echoing through the speaker so Harry must be pacing, something he only does when he is stressed.

“I'm fine, it’s just the money my parents owe the men has caught up with me, they want 200 grand or they ar- are...” I trail off looking down at my feet again,

“They’re what Libby?!” Harry practically screams down the phone, my shine gets kicked by the dad and he gives me the ‘carry-on’ look. I take in another deep sigh and look back at the screen, the picture of Harry and I as his caller ID on the screen.

“They’re going to kill me,” I whisper just load enough for Harry to hear, I close my eyes wishing that it wouldn’t comprehend into Harry's brain.

“WHAT?! Look I'll get the money, tell me where you are and when to meet you, I don't know when I can get the money but I will have it, I promise you Libby, look can you put the man on the phone?!” Harry babbles on, the sound of cries echo down his mic.

I look up at the dad and he shakes his head and then mimes to me “tonight at 9pm at the crazy golf centre,”

“No he won’t talk, but he said to meet him tonight at the crazy golf centre at 9pm,” I whisper again wishing it wont comprehend into my brain as well as Harry's.

“Ok, well I'll be there, you hang in tight there Libby, I promise I will help you, you wont get hurt, I l-“ the phone call gets cut off and I don't get to hear the end of Harry's promises. A sudden emptiness fills my stomach as I hear the beep to notify me the call has ended.

The door slams before I could even take in my surroundings, I don't care about what’s going to happen to me but I don't want Harry be dragged into this, and somehow it is my entire fault.