1

"Mom?" I asked as I walked into the living room where she was standing by the front door with a stranger.

I took in the young man who was handing my mom a small packet of pink pills. His pants were sagging and he looked like he was wearing multiple shirts that were several sizes too big; definitely not from around here.

He looked me up and down and smiled. I scowled in disgust and called my mom's name again, this time letting the anger seep through.

"Mom! You promised you weren't going to bring them here anymore," I crossed my arms waiting for her to reply.

"Baby, please. What was I supposed to do, huh? I don't get paid until Friday, so I couldn't take the train" she said, like what she was doing was perfectly okay.

I rolled my eyes and turned to her dealer.

"Are you done?"

He licked his lips and stepped towards me.

"Nah, baby. We don't have to be done yet," he said, reaching up to stroke my cheek.

I pulled back and he laughed.

"Spicy," he said looking back at my mom, "I won't charge you for making me drive all the way out here for an hour with her."

I looked at my mom incredulously when she didn't immediately shoot down his disgusting offer.

"Mom!" I shouted, as the indecision was clear across her face.

"Baby, don't be such a buzzkill. Come on, it's just an hour," she said, looking at the pills in her hand.

"You're joking, right?" I said offended.

"Yeah, mamí, don't be such a buzzkill. It'll be fun," the guy said moving closer to me.

I stepped back but he grabbed my arm and I couldn't wiggle my way out of it. My heart was racing with fear of what he was going to do next and I looked to my mom with pleading eyes.

"Relax, mamí, I know how to give a good time," he said wetting his lips again with his tongue.

He moved my hand until it cupped his crotch.

"You feel that? Daddy can give it to you real good."

I decided to take advantage of the placement of my hand and I cupped his balls. He closed his eyes in ecstasy and his grip on my hand slackened. I gripped his balls tightly and quickly twisted them roughly.

"What the fuck? You bitch!" He shrieked yanking my hand away from his precious parts and pushing me to the ground.

I landed on my side looking to my mom for a reaction but she just stood there watching like she wasn't even there as she popped two pills into her mouth.

"You fuckin' bitch, you're gonna pay for this," he said as he bent over holding his groin.

"Give me my pills back!" He shouted at my mom who quickly shoved the plastic bag with the remaining pills into her mouth whole.

Shit, you've got to do something before he hurts mom. You can do this.

I took a deep breath and stood up. I ran towards him and pounded my hands against his chest, slamming him into the door. I made no hesitation as I flattened my hand horizontally and rammed it against his Adam's apple.

"Oh my God! Sky!" My mom yelled still not moving as she pulled the baggy out of her mouth.

He clutched his throat and coughed hysterically. I threw the stupid backwards hat off of his head and grabbed his long greasy hair before slamming his head against the door. I pinned him to the door with a hand around his throat and my knee in his already injured groin.