29

I quickly slipped into the easiest pair of shoes, my rainboots and grabbed my keys from the table beside the door. I locked it and ran down the stairs, hugging my throbbing arm against my body. I found my mom outside staring up at the streetlamp that was flickering off and on in front of our apartment building.

"Mom, what are you doing?" I asked cautiously as I approached her.

She turned around, wide-eyed and stared at me.

"Do you have it?" she asked, scanning my body quickly.

"No, he's not here yet," I said, taking in her ragged state.

"Goddammit. I need something now," she groaned as she pulled her shaking hands at her hair.

"I know," I said calmly, "EJ is on his way."

My phone vibrated in my hand as if he knew we were talking about him.

"Hello?" I answered.

"I'm done. Meet me across from the playground," he said.

"Okay," I responded before hanging up.

"He's here, come on," I said beckoning for her to follow me.

We made it to the park at the end of the block and I could see his shadowy figure sitting on a bench. My mom quickly raced to his side demanding he hand her the drugs.

"Here," he said, licking his lips as he passed her a small bag.

It looked like a powder, not the usual pills.

I watched as she opened it, licked her finger and dipped it inside. She placed her dusted fingertip onto her gums and sighed.

"Thank you," she said smiling at me as she slowly walked away from us.

"Look, I don't have any cash on me right now, but I promise I'll pay you," I told EJ, prepared to pay the cost.

He sauntered over to me, biting his lower lip. His head was cocked to the side as he looked me up and down.

"How about you show me a good time right now?" he suggested.

I simply nodded, knowing that resisting would only make things worse.

"That's right, can't resist daddy, can you?" he teased, grabbing his crotch.

I let him grab either side of my face as he placed his lips on mine. His kisses were heavy and frantic as he walked me backward until I was up against a tree.

"Wait," I said, pushing him back.

"What?" he asked upset, jutting his jaw upwards.

"Can't we go somewhere a little more private?" I asked looking around at the empty park around us.

"Of course, baby. I gotchu," he smirked, grabbing my waist as he led me through the park.

The lights in his car lit up as he unlocked it. I was surprised to see that he was driving a nice car. It seemed too stereotypical for a drug dealer to actually own a nice car. It was even clean inside.

He opened up the door to the backseat and slapped my ass, gesturing for me to climb inside. I looked around the small, empty parking lot before doing as he asked. He quickly slid in after me and began to remove his outer layer of clothing.

I watched as he set his cap in the front seat and pulled his shirt off. I didn't know what exactly he was looking for so I waited for more instruction. He leaned over to where I was sitting and caressed my boobs over my shirt. He tried to pull it up over my head, but I winced in pain.