15

When Monday rolled around Beckett was waiting for me at my locker.

"I'll see you at lunch," Cass smirked, waving goodbye with her fingers.

"Hey," Beckett smiled, leaning against Cassidy's locker and watching me collect my things from my own.

"Morning," I said, trying desperately not to blush as I remembered the last time we had been together.

"How's my beautiful girlfriend this fine fall morning?" he asked smoothly, his arms crossed over his chest.

"Good," I chuckled, "How's my sexy boyfriend?"

He placed a hand on his chest and dropped his jaw.

"So you think I'm sexy?" he smirked.

I rolled my eyes and shut my locker. He fell into step beside me as we headed to class. His hand slipped into mine, our fingers interlocking. I smiled to myself and listened as he talked about how lame the party was according to everyone's social media.

At lunch he snuck up behind me in line, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Ugh, get a room," Cass whined playfully.

"Can I sit with you guys?" he asked Cass and Elena, resting his chin on my shoulder.

"Sure," Cass nodded, moving forward in the lunch line.

"Elena?" I asked.

"Yeah," she shrugged before turning and starting a conversation with Cass.

I was worried that they would think I wasn't spending time with them, but the feeling passed when he kissed my cheek.

When I wasn't at school or at work, I was at Beckett's house or at one of his games. My mom was asking for money more frequently, but I hadn't self-harmed in the six weeks since we started dating. I was ecstatic to be joining his family for Thanksgiving and that they had invited Waylin as well. This would be our first proper Thanksgiving dinner since our mom had always worked.

I spent an hour trying to find something to wear. I was nervous about officially meeting his older siblings, especially his older sister. I remember she used to be one of the popular girls at school and I wanted to look nice. In the end, I decided to wear my long sleeve burgundy dress that had lace on the hem, with black tights and some boots I had borrowed from Cassidy a while back.

I adjusted Waylin's tie while we waited on the front steps of our building.

"It's fine," he huffed, pushing my hands away.

I sighed and impatiently looked down the road for any sign of his car. I hopped up with excitement when he finally pulled up.

"Come on, Way," I beckoned as I walked towards his car.

I nervously adjusted my dress before we entered his house. He slipped his arm around my waist, whispering in my ear.

"You look stunning, now stop worrying. They're going to love you," he said before straightening his stance and guiding us into the house.

"Hey, Katy and Andrew, this is Skylar and her brother Waylin," Beckett announced with a big smile as we entered the full kitchen.

Katy turned around from the kitchen sink, tossing her long brown hair over her shoulder.

"Oh my god! Hi!" she squealed as she approached Waylin and me with a big smile on her face, "it's so nice to meet you both."

She shook Waylin's hand and pulled me into a hug, giving me a close look at her flawless skin in the process.