30

My shoulder was still aching and there was a tingling sensation down my arm. I distracted myself by picking up the apartment. I didn't want Beckett to see it as a complete mess again.

When he finally arrived I was back to pacing the living room and the knock on the door startled me.

I quickly opened the door and held a finger to my lips.

"Waylin is sleeping."

"Oh, okay," he said softly.

I motioned for him to sit on the sofa and I joined him, wincing at the pain in my shoulder as I sat down.

"Has your mom called?" I asked him impatiently.

"Um, no, not yet," he said looking around the room.

I was cringing with embarrassment at how run down the space looked compared to his home.

"So, what happened?" he asked looking back at me.

"Uh, I don't know. I just...walked outside and found her in the back of a police car," I lied.

"Oh, and you don't know why they arrested her?" he asked.

I shook my head, watching as he ran his fingers through his hair. He looked tired, making me feel guilty for calling him for help.

"I'm sorry I dragged you into this, and your parents," I apologized.

"No, I'm really glad you called. Other than tonight, how have you been?" he asked, studying me.

"Fine," I said quickly.

He bit his lip and nodded.

There was another knock on the door that sent us both jumping. He gave me an inquisitive look and I shrugged, not sure who it could be.

I opened the door and immediately regretted it.

"Did you call the fucking police?," EJ snarled with anger.

"No, I didn't. Did you?" I asked equally as upset.

"I'm not stupid you probably set that whole thing up, didn't you?" He asked me again.

"Jesus, EJ, why the fuck would I call the police on my own mother? In case you haven't noticed you didn't get arrested. And you know," I paused and lowered my voice, "You know what we did was illegal."

"Who is it, Sky?" Beckett called from the couch.

I looked over my shoulder at him and shook my head.

"Nobody," I said as I tried to close the door.

"I see how it is," EJ said winking and leaning into the doorframe so that it couldn't close, "can't get enough can you?"

"Please just leave," I begged, giving him a stern look as Beckett stood up from the couch.

I didn't want Beckett and him to meet, but with my bum arm and shoulder, I couldn't exactly push EJ out of the way.

"Sky?" Beckett asked as he approached me.

He stopped in his tracks when EJ came into view.

"What is he doing here?" he asked, looking between us both for answers.

"He was just leaving," I said, gripping the door and attempting yet again to close it.

"Tell him, baby," EJ egged on smugly as he sized Beckett up.

I looked between them both, not wanting to start a fight with either of them.

"She asked you to leave," Beckett said, putting a hand on the door.