14

"We better still be dressing up as Charlie's Angels," Cass said, glaring at me from around her locker.

"Duh, I mean we already bought matching costumes," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Well I dunno if you and boytoy decided to do something couple-y," she shrugged.

"We're not even a couple, we're just," I paused to think about it for a moment falling into pace with her and Elena as we headed outside, "we're just dating."

"Whatever, as long as you're not bailing on our movie night," Elena said.

"I'm not, I promise. I'll be over as soon as Waylin and I are in our costumes," I appeased, making them smile. I waved goodbye to them as they headed towards the parking lot and I waited from Waylin to meet me.

...

"Come on," Waylin whined, tugging on my arm, "all the full-size candy bars are going to be gone."

"Alright, alright," I huffed, "you guys ready," I asked, turning to Elena and Cass who were adjusting themselves in the hallway mirror.

"Yes, impatient little boy," Cass said in a dramatic witch voice, "you're lucky it's your birthday, or I'd turn you into a toad."

After visiting all the houses he claimed gave out the best candy, Waylin looked to me with puppy dog eyes.

"Sissy, please, please, please can I spend the night at Jordan's? It's my birthday" he asked sweetly, hugging me tightly.

I let out a sigh before pulling him back to see his face.

"Did Jordan's parents say it was okay?" I asked him looking for his lying tell, before looking at Jordan.

"My parents are cool with it," Jordan said quickly.

I skeptically looked between the two of them before agreeing.

"Fine, but I don't wanna hear about how tired you are tomorrow when I pick you up," I said sternly, before kissing him on the forehead.

"Yes! Thank you, thank you" he said squeezing me tightly before running over to high five Jordan.

We waited for Jordan's parents to come and pick them up before heading back to Elena's house.

"So, I was thinking we could start with The Grudge," Elena said as we entered her house.

"No way," I objected, "can't we watch something a little less scary? I want to be able to sleep tonight."

They ignored my objections and proceeded with popping the DVD in.

"Ugh," I groaned as I made myself comfortable on the sofa next to Elena, holding a pillow close as a shield.

We were about an hour into the movie when my phone started vibrating in my pocket. I stepped into the kitchen before quickly answering.

"Hey, Beck," I smiled to myself, "what's up?"

"Hi, I was thinking about what you said... about not going to the party and I was wondering if it was too late to join you?" He asked hopefully.

"Oh, let me ask the girls, hold on," I said as I walked back into the living room.

"Hey, don't hate me, but would you mind if Beckett joined for a while?" I asked after muting myself. 

They both scrunched to their faces so I gave them a pleading look.

"Fine," they both gave in.

"I don't wanna see y'all making out on my sofa though," El warned.

"Ew of course not," I said rolling my eyes as I walked out of the room.

"Come on over," I said happily after unmuting the phone, "I'll text you the address."

...

I opened the door when he arrived, beaming.

"Damn," he said looking me up and down.

"What?" I asked, folding my arms over my chest.

"You look hot," he smirked, stepping inside.

I pulled my miniskirt down as we walked into the living room and he waved hello to the girls. We made ourselves comfortable on the sofa and I tried to focus on the rest of the movie. I spent the next hour staring at his hand and debating if I should reach out and hold it. The credits rolled and Elena stretched her arms above her head, yawning.

"Guys, I don't think I can hang for another movie," she said rubbing her eyes.

"I should probably head home anyways," Beckett said, "do either of you need a ride home?"

I looked at Cass, waiting for her response.

"If you don't mind," she said, sitting up and folding the blanket that was on her lap.

"Sky?" he asked, touching my thigh.

"Yeah, if it's not too much trouble," I nodded.

"No big deal," he shrugged, winking at me.

I stood up to put my shoes on.

"Thanks so much for having us over," I said to Elena smiling, "tell your dad thanks for the pizza."

"Will do," she nodded from where she sat on the sofa.

"Okay, well I'll see you Monday," I smiled, waving and heading to the door.

After we dropped Cass at home, we headed towards my house. We parked and turned to face him, unbuckling my seat belt.

"Thanks for the ride home," I smiled, "I'll see you Monday?"

"Yeah," he nodded, chewing on his lip.

I turned to open the car door when he suddenly reached for my arm.

"Wait," he said quickly, making me turn to face him again.

I waited for him to say something, imagining how it would feel to kiss him.

"Can I ask you something?" he said softly, grabbing my hands in my lap.

"Yeah," I nodded, "anything."

He licked his lips and let out a breath. I was getting nervous. 

Was he going to break things off?

"Um," he paused and cleared his throat, "will you be my girlfriend?"

It took a moment for me to process what he just said and he searched my face for a response.

"Yes," I whispered, breaking into a smile.

My heart hammered in my chest as he pulled me closer until our faces were just an inch apart. His left hand caressed my thigh while the other played with my hair. I couldn't take the tension any longer. I pressed my lips against his and let my hands find their way to the back of his neck. The woodsy smell of his cologne was entrancing. His hand wandered up my thigh until he reached my hip, sending shivers through my body.

I wanted to be closer, but the damn console was in the way. I pulled away breathing heavily and watched as he slowly opened his eyes.

"Goodnight, girlfriend," he said breathlessly, releasing his hands from my body.

"Goodnight, boyfriend," I whispered back, leaving the warmth of his car in a daze.