24

She dropped me off at their empty house and I slowly made my way up to Katy's room. Tony had gone to work and Beckett was at baseball practice. I slipped my shoes off and laid onto the bed, staring up at the ceiling. My mother's words replayed in my mind.

I pulled out my phone and dialed the number to her work. I spoke to her manager and explained that she was in the hospital and that she'd be back to work in a few days. I then called Mr. Masood and apologized for not coming in. I told him that I would be back to work as usual next week and he told me not to rush. As I was hanging up the call I received a text from Elena checking in again and offering to help with anything that I might need. I quickly sent her a thank you and locked my phone.

It was becoming impossible to escape the mountain of issues I had locked away in my mind. I just wanted to rip them out of my mind. The pressure in my chest was building, making it harder to breathe.

I can't do this anymore.

I slammed my fists against the mattress in frustration. All the off-limits thoughts were spilling out of the locked doors.

The look on my mom's face when EJ brought her pills was flashing in my mind. And the knowledge that I had helped her get the drugs by sleeping with EJ made me sick.

You're never going to get out of this, Skylar. You're such a fuck up.

The sounds of EJ moaning were ringing in my ears, along with all the dirty things he would whisper in my ears.

Shut up!

I sat up, emptying the contents of my backpack to retrieve the blades I had hid there yesterday.

I closed the bathroom door and dumped the blades carelessly onto the counter. I pinched them between my thumb and forefinger as I impatiently pulled my leggings down to reveal my thighs. I kicked them off angrily and pressed the blade against my skin.

There's nowhere for you to escape your fate.

I just needed something to numb the thoughts in my mind. Each cut barely stung, my body not registering the pain as adrenaline pumped in my veins.

She doesn't even love you. You're going to end up just like her.

It wasn't enough, and I had run out of room.

I placed the blades on the counter and removed my shirt.

You couldn't even say no to EJ. You're a whore. No one is going to ever want you. Especially after all the dirty things you've done.

I continued onto my forearms, releasing my anger into each movement. I just wanted it to stop, but it wasn't working.

I froze, the blades still pressed to my skin, as the bathroom door swung open.

"Oh my god, oh my god! Get out!" I screamed at Beckett's stunned expression.

"Shit, sorry! Wait, oh my god, baby, what are doing?" he asked staring at my bleeding legs and arms.

I lunged to close the door.

Fuck, why didn't I lock it?

"Oh my god, please, please just leave. Go!" I begged as I tried to close the door, but he wouldn't move.

Instead, he pushed me back into the bathroom and closed the door behind him, locking it.

"Please," I begged, tears streaming down my face as I stepped away from him.

"Sky, it's okay. Just put the blades on the counter. Okay?" He said gently, walking towards me.

"Stop," I cried, gasping for air as sobs escaped my chest, "Please just leave, please. Please."