10

A/N Long one for you bbys...

____

Butterflies were erupting in my belly every time I replayed the scene in my head.

"Hey," he paused to clear his throat, "I was wondering if you would want to maybe hang out again."

My heart skipped a beat in my chest as I met his smiling gaze.

"Yeah," I nodded, "I'd like that."

His smile widened as he replied, "Cool."

There was a moment of silence between us before he spoke again.

"Well, I'll text you," he smiled at me.

"Kay," I said before unbuckling my seat belt and preparing to exit his car.

I waved before he drove off and I entered the market to start my shift at work.

Of course, when I got home from work I gushed to the girls all the details that they were begging for. They couldn't believe how surprised I was, but I honestly didn't think that Beckett was in to me.

I was constantly checking my phone, waiting for him to text me. I felt like an idiot because I couldn't stop smiling. Even Waylin suspected something. All I knew was I couldn't wait to see him again.

He FINALLY texted me Sunday night asking if he could call me.

I was in the middle of washing the dishes from dinner, so I finished and locked myself in the bathroom before replying yes.

A few moments later the phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, Sky," he said, sending chills over my body, "Sorry for the call, I just figured it would be easier than text..."

"Oh, um, yeah no problem," I smiled to myself, "What's up?"

"Well, I just wanted to plan out when we could have our, you know, date."

I paused for a moment, taking in the fact that he called it a date. I silently screamed before replying.

"Cool, yeah. Um, when were you thinking?" I asked as calmly as I could.

He sighed before speaking.

"Okay, I know this is going to sound really lame, but just hear me out. Before my siblings went off to college we used to have family game nights on Mondays because my dad had the night off from work. And well, after they saw you come over this weekend they invited you over to try and start the tradition again. I know that sounds boring, and you totally don't have to say yes, but we can make it fun--"

"No, that actually sounds great," I said smiling at how worked up he was getting trying to explain himself.

"Really?" he asked, surprised.

"Seriously," I replied.

"Okay, cool, well you can come over after school and we can do homework and stuff before dinner and the game...I mean, if you want," he added.

"Yeah, I'll meet you after school then."

When we hung up, I jumped up and down in excitement. My cheeks were hurting from smiling so widely as I texted Cass and Elena.

At school, I couldn't stop staring at him in class and scolded myself every time he caught me and smiled.

"I've never seen you smile this much in the 10 years I've known you," Cass said as she leaned against my locker.

"Shut up," I laughed, rolling my eyes and shoving my textbooks into my backpack.

"You have to call El and I when you get home tonight. We're living vicariously through you remember?" she said linking our arms as we walked towards the exit.