32

We spent about twenty minutes waiting before the nurse took me back to see the doctor. I guess it helps to have one of the hospital administrators with you to speed up the process.

I didn't understand most of the medical speech and the doctor spent most of the time speaking to Tony anyways. After a urine test to confirm I wasn't pregnant, even though I told them I wasn't, the nurse came in with a small paper cup of water and two pills.

"Here you go," the nurse said as she handed them to me, notably staring at my arms.

"What is this?" I asked, looking at the pills in her hand.

"It's a pain reliever, you're going to want it, trust me," she said smiling sheepishly.

"I don't want it," I said firmly.

"Why not? Your urine test came back negative," she said looking over at Tony.

"I know I'm not pregnant," I said through gritted teeth, "I just don't want the medicine."

"Um," she looked back at Tony who stepped in.

"Sky, it's okay. You really should take it," he persuaded.

"I'm not taking it," I repeated.

I'm not going to get addicted to pills like my mom.

"Okay, I'll let the doctor know you're ready to start then," she said before leaving the room.

The pain was excruciating but I refused any medication other than the muscle relaxer and numbing medication they injected into my shoulder. I bit my lip so hard trying not to cry out that I was sure it must be bleeding. But nothing compared to the relief I felt when it popped back into place.

After wrapping my arm in a sling and referring me for follow up appointments with a physical therapist we were on our way.

My arm was still incredibly sore but I didn't care. I just wanted to get back to Waylin and go to sleep.

The drive home was filled with awkward silence until Tony spoke up.

"Listen, Skylar. I know you don't want to hear this, and I'm sure this is hard for you, but if I can't trust you to not harm yourself I will have no choice...but to report your self-injuries."

I didn't quite understand what he meant about reporting my self-harming, but it wouldn't end well for Waylin if he did.

"Okay," I said staring out into the blackness of the countryside.

By the time we made it back to the house, it was well into the early morning. I couldn't believe that it had not even been 24 hours since finding out that my best friend backstabbed me. I felt like I could crawl into a hole and never come out if it weren't for my aching arm.

"Goodnight, Skylar, let us know if you need anything," Tony said as he entered his bedroom.

I dragged my feet into where Waylin was sleeping to check on him. Just as I was about to enter someone called my name.

"Sky!" Beckett whispered, shouted.

I sighed as I turned to face him.

"What?" I whispered back.

"Come here for a second," he replied.

I slowly approached him and met him in his doorway.

"Can we talk please?" He pleaded.

"Why?" I complained.

"Please, just, sit down for a second okay?" He asked as he motioned to the bed.

I rolled my eyes to myself and followed him to the bed. He patted the spot next to him and I joined him, keeping a good distance between us.

"What?" I asked, more angrily than I intended.

"Sky, I'm worried about you," he sighed.

"Don't be, I'm fine," I lied.

"Skylar, please, just ask for help if you need it," his tired, green eyes begged, "I can't keep watching you destroy yourself. You don't deserve any of this."

"You don't know anything, Beckett," I exclaimed with bitterness as I fought the urge to cry.

"Then tell me, please," he said, kneeling in front of me, "I want to understand. Skylar, I love you."

I met his misty eyes and bit my lip to stop me from saying something I might regret.

"Skylar, please, I'm begging you, please," he cried with a shaky voice.

"You don't even know me," I cried, "Stop saying that you love me, acting like I'm someone to save. There's nothing that you can do. This is real life, not some fucking fairytale. You don't get to be some knight in shining armor. You're an eighteen-year-old boy."

He gripped my free hand tightly as tears escaped.

"Skylar, I just want you to be happy. And you're not. I know you're not," he said through tears.

"I can't do this. Let go of me," I spat, as I roughly pulled away from his grasp and left his room.

I sobbed into a pillow until I couldn't breathe and rolled onto my back.

I hate this. I hate this so much. I wish I could fast forward.