Chapter 1

|This book is dedicated to one of my  hockey brothers. Justin was unlike any other hockey player I'd ever met. He was selfless and truly had a one of a kind talent. I'm so blessed to have had the pleasure of watching him play for two years and to have also been taught by him. Rest easy Justin. I miss your smile everyday.|

When I was 6 my parents started me in the great sport of hockey. Naturally I played because they wanted me too. As time went on though, I began to enjoy it all. I started to become my own player by the time I was fourteen. Soon I was know as the Wrecking Ball. No not like Miley Cyrus, like a legit wrecking ball. Mostly because I destroyed anything in my way. In turn getting thrown in the box.

Here I am at sixteen, playing with all the boys. I can't stand the ponytail league. Contact isn't allowed there. But here, I can rail someone and not get yelled at. Well most the time at least.

See I'm that kind of player, who doesn't need back up, I am the back up. And now, I'll destroy anyone who gets in my way. Vicious right? But you see, I am capable of playing nice, and by the rules. I do it all the time, but just not during the season... Or at least I didn't.

**************************

"Smith! Say out of the box next time!" Coach yelled at me as I skated back to the bench.

" He's the one that drilled Tommy. Not my fault I'm sticking up for my team." I replied. Though, I already knew at this rate, my letter would be off my jersey. But at this point in time I wouldn't mind. I've kinda been looking for a way to tell my parents that I don't want to be this all star.

" Keep this up Smith, see where it gets you." I slumped back on the bench. I already know were it's getting me. No letter and being benched. But what can I do? I can't just quit. Not to mention this is how I've been playing. I can't just become an angel now.

" Cally, you gotta get out of your head." Mason, the team Captain, sighed.

After the game ended, I was once more yelled at by my idiot brother. I was lucky enough that my mom cut him off though. Otherwise he'd go on for hours.

I stopped up to my bedroom above the garage. One wall of my room was covered in black marks and holes. Only because that's my target wall. Nine time out of ten after a game I come up here and blow off some steam.

After most of our losses I need to.

My team almost never wins, no matter how hard we try. When I feel it really matters, I even try to stay out of the box. It just never goes our way.

The thing I'd love to do the most, is play with the boys for as long as I can. Like any hockey player, the NHL is my dream. Most people don't think that girls can play with them, but we can. It's just most are too scared to go play with the big guys. But me, I'd love it.

I also want to coach, and be a better one than the ones that taught me. Though, I play way I know how to. If I keep this up, no one is gonna give me a second look. That's just the way it goes in hockey.

" Cally! Honey that boy on your team is here!" My mom yelled.

" Oh mom, great, that boy on my team. They're all boys!" I muttered " Send him up!" I yelled ripping another slap shot at my wall.

" She dangles around Sutter, shoots it through Staal, and she scores! Callahan Smith! The first girl in the NHL to get the game winning point for The Stanley Cup! And the crowd goes wild." I cheered.

" Nice try Callahan Smith." Mason laughed.

" What do you want Joshua Mason?" I questioned throwing him a stick.

" One on One, you me right now." He smirked.

" I'd like to see you try."

************************

" You alright after that game?" Mason asked.

" Yeah, I guess." I shrugged. When playing hockey, you never answer honestly, just a tip.

" How's the wrist?" I had recently hurt my wrist in a game. I took a slash, and later a puck to it. Kinda a long story as to how...

" It's a wrist, I'll put a brace on it before the next game." I shrugged.

That'd be the truth though. I plan on putting on a brace and making sure Coach didn't find out about it. If he did, I might as well bench myself.

" About that..." Mason trailed off. Oh god, no please no!

" Mase, no! Nope he wouldn't." I exclaimed.

" He's going to if you don't do something."

" Coach won't! He dosen't have the guts!" I laughed.

" You just keep pushing him Callahan. See where it gets you."

I shook my head. Coach wouldn't dare. I'm one of the best players, goon or not. He needs me. Without me, half the boys would get murdered out there! They're all too chicken to take a dive, or even a puck for that matter. None of them can really defend each other too.

" Joshua Mason, Coach wouldn't bench me. It'd be stupid. There's no way he would. Not in his lifetime." I smirked.