Chapter 4

I went to work the next morning and I was sitting at my desk responding to emails directed to Jake. Literally being his secretary most of the time just meant pretending to be him while emailing people back that he didn't care about. I was in the middle of typing at least the 50th email of the morning when there was a knock on my office door.

"Come in!" I called and it opened to Jake standing there.

"Hey. I have interviews all day. I'm not too worried about emails right now. We can respond to them tomorrow. Can you talk to two clients of mine waiting out there and can you takeover some paperwork for me? I have 6 interviews back to back." He said.

"For what position?" I asked.

"A new secretary." He smirked and rolled his eyes. I chuckled and rolled my eyes playfully back at him.

"Will do, Mr Sanders." I said.

"Thank you, Blaire." He said with a smile and left my office. I hated taking clients for him, but I had to do what I had to do.

I got up and walked to my door and called them in from the waiting room. It was just a woman. I wasn't sure on why Jake said there were multiple.

"Hello! I'm Blaire Angeles. It's night to meet you." I said and put my hand out for her to shake as she introduced herself. I let her sit in front of my desk and I sat down after her.

"I'm sorry...Mr Sanders didn't tell me much about your interest with us. Were you looking for us to work on a case for you?" I asked.

"Actually no. Not at all. My husband though, seems to be familiar with you." She said and I cocked an eyebrow with a smile.

"Oh okay." I said.

"Does Skye ring a bell?" She asked and my smile faded.

"Skye?" I asked.

"You need to stay away from him. Do you understand me? If you tear apart my family I will make sure your life is ruined. Don't fucking talk to my husband." She said and my eyes softened.

"I had no clue he was married-"

"Bullshit. He has a ring on his goddamn finger." She mumbled.

"I didn't see it-I promise you I didn't know. I'm sorry." I said. The anxiety I was feeling inside made me feel sick. I hated making people upset and creating drama. I was a loner, and it was the reason why I rarely did things. Of course the first time I did something stupid, it was with a married man. My office door opened as she got up to walk out and it was Jake again.

"Stay the fuck away from him." She mumbled again before walking out past Jake and I sat at my desk staring blankly.

"What just happened?" He asked as he closed the door behind him and I shook my head.

"Nothing." I said.

"Did she hurt you?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Are you Alright?" He asked.

"I apparently was sleeping with a married man." I said and I drug my hands down my face. He stood in front of me and he rubbed his temples and I buried my face into my hands.

"You didn't know." He said and he stood in front of my desk and leaned down before putting his hand on my arm.

"Relax. You didn't know." He repeated and I had tears in my eyes. I didn't give a shit about skye at all. We just hooked up, but I hated confrontation and how much anxiety I had gotten. I felt horrible too, she said family. He had kids with her too? I felt disgusting.