Chapter 15

I woke up the next morning and jake wasn't next to me. The bathroom door was shut though, and I heard the shower running. I got up and opened the bathroom door and his shower was completely glass so I could see right through. His body was art.

"Good morning beautiful." He said, which scared me. He was washing his hair with his eyes closed so I didn't think he knew I was in the room.

"Good morning." I chuckled and he finished washing his hair out of shampoo and stuck his head out the shower.

"Give me a kiss." He said and I kissed him.

"I'll be out in like ten minutes. I made breakfast for you, it's downstairs if your hungry." He said.

"Thank you, baby." I said and he smiled at me before closing the shower again. I didn't deserve him. I quickly went to the bathroom, and went back out to the bedroom and sat down on the bed. I went to grab my phone, but as I reached looked down at the trash can next to the nightstand. I told him I wouldn't check the trash, I trusted him-but I still felt like I had to check. There were shredded papers of a case that he threw out, which was normal, plastic of something he must have opened-I stopped myself from looking and just looked down at my phone. I didn't have any notifications, and I kept telling myself to just fucking go through the trash. I looked up at the bathroom door and still heard the water running, and I finally just grabbed the trash can and went through it. Which was the worst decision I had ever mad in my life. There was a straw with white powder on the end of it, and the plastic "trash" that I saw was a baggy with a tiny bit of white powder inside left. Drugs? He couldn't have been on drugs. He acted completely normal at all times and he ran an entire business. It couldn't have been his. The shower stopped and I heard him walking toward the door and I quickly put it down and grabbed my phone and acted like I was doing something on it as the door opened.

"Hey." I said and looked up at him. He was dripping wet with a towel around his waist.

"Hey." He chuckled and ran his fingers through his hair.

"You didn't eat yet?" He asked.

"No, I was just checking my phone." I said and he walked over to me and sat down on the bed and kissed my cheek.

"Can you do me a favor?" He asked.

"What?" I asked.

"Go into work for me around one and take care of that paperwork. I talked to my mom this morning and even though I still fucking hate her we talked about a few things and I'm going to need to bring him back home. I can't stay home and just not go to work everyday, and I can't have you staying home every day-all I'm asking is to go in at one and get a few things done for me." He said. It was already noon.

"It takes 45 minutes to get there Jake and it's noon." I said.

"So get ready and leave soon and get there around one. That's all I'm asking from you." He said.

"Okay." I said and he nodded. I looked up at him and looked at his eyes. I just wanted to see if they were glazed or red or anything. They were a little glossy but his eyes were normal, they were always like that. Since I had known him and since he had been my boss. It was nothing new.

"What?" He asked.

"What?" I asked.

"You're staring at me." He said.

"Sorry-I zoned out." I said.

"You were zoned out, but made direct eye contact with me?" He asked.

"I was just thinking about you. That's it." I said.