Chapter 16

We went to work the next morning and he was pissing me off more than he ever had. He was being so cocky and arrogant, he kept telling me what to do like I was a slave to him. He kept asking me to literally do everything, I might as well have been running the business.

I was doing his paperwork, my paperwork, answering his emails and mine, getting him food, coffee, helping new employees, and stocking the printers with ink and paper. It was stressing me out and I went six hours without a break, knowing I'd probably be working another six at the rate we were going.

"Blaire?" He asked on my phone and I literally was on the verge of tears. I had just sat down from helping one of our Lawyers and he was already calling me. I was exhausted and just wanted to cry.

"What?" I asked.

"No need for attitude. Can you come into my office?" He asked and I ended the call without saying anything before getting up and walking into his room.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Can you do me a big favor?" He asked.

"Sure. Can I go on break first?" I asked.

"I haven't even taken my break yet. Why would you get one?" He asked.

"Because I'm literally going to fucking go insane if you ask me to do one more thing before I can just sit down for two seconds." I said and he cocked an eyebrow at me.

"Can you just sit down?" He asked.

"What?" I asked and narrowed my eyes at him.

"The favor I want you to do is to sit down in front of me and read something." He said and sighed and mumbled under my breath before sitting down in front of him and he turned his computer to me to show me an email. An email I typed.

"Does this sound professional to you?" He asked and I read it and looked up at him.

"Yes." I said and he narrowed his eyes.

"It doesn't seem it to me." He said.

"Jake. I'm not doing this. Let me go on my break." I said.

"It's not professional at all. I don't know what's gotten into you lately but don't act different just because we're together. You have to still act like you have been for the last four years. I don't care how you talk to me-but you better treat everyone else with respect." He said and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"You really want to talk about not being professional?" I asked and he titled his head to the side at me.

"What have I done that's unprofessional?" He asked.

"What do you think, jake?" I asked and slammed my hands down on his desk.

"Don't get loud with me. I don't want anyone knowing our business. Now tell me what I've done. We can talk about it." He said.

"The straws, the bags, the nose bleed last night, you getting so scared of me checking your trash-it made so much sense when I fucking saw it and it disgusts me. I've been dating a fucking drug addict and you acted like I'd never catch on or see-it makes so much sense and it's so unbelievable to me. I really can't fucking believe it. You mean the world to me. You became everything to me and I have been sitting and thinking for the past three days on how confused I am, I've been trying to figure out when this started or if it never even began and it's always been there. I've been trying to put together so many pieces!" I yelled quietly to him and his eyes softened. He didn't say anything to me at first. He just looked at me in shock and it broke my heart. He looked so upset.

"Get out." He said.

"Just give me an answer. I've been going insane and I'm so in love with you I'm scared." I said,